Yet another thread deleted? No reasons? (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 15:53
Colin:

After all the time you have been on the forum

11 years

After the number of threads that have been deleted

Now 2

After the lack of any explanation for the deletions...

Now 2

WHY ARE YOU SUPRISED?

Because it is good manners and courtesy to advise the thread starter that a thread is in some way stepping over some obscure mark that only the deleter knows about.
The thread should have been locked and a message posted as to why.

A straight deletion is just bad manners. If I was a mod I would never do it.

Considering the above, I think thou doest protest too much.

If seeking courtesy and an explanation is too much then that's my problem. Believe it or not, I do have certain standards, which others here seem to lack.

Col

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
After reading some of the comments within this thread perhaps some threads are deleted to save us from "giving up the will to live!"

Simon

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
After reading some of the comments within this thread perhaps some threads are deleted to save us from "giving up the will to live!"

Simon
I think the issue here is the lack of explanation. A thread may deserve to be deleted but we should be told why

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 07:53
Good manners and courtesy such as answering peoples questions and not ignoring them? Seems to be a virtue that you do not possess yet expect from others :confused:
I still await you to set the example by answering my previous questions :)

Because it is good manners and courtesy to advise the thread starter that a thread is in some way stepping over some obscure mark that only the deleter knows about.
The thread should have been locked and a message posted as to why.

A straight deletion is just bad manners. If I was a mod I would never do it.

If seeking courtesy and an explanation is too much then that's my problem. Believe it or not, I do have certain standards, which others here seem to lack.

Col

Last edited:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

Simon

Nobody forces anybody to read any thread, so that is not an answer.

Rabbie has clearly explained what the issue is here.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Good manners and courtesy such as answering peoples questions and not ignoring them? Seems to be a virtue that you do not possess yet expect from others :confused:
I still await you to set the example by answering my previous questions :)

I am not ignoring you or your questions, I have politely asked you to remind me of them as I'm afraid they have slipped my memory.
I will try to answer them if you repost them - unlike you, where I have posted questions twice in this thread and still you refuse to answer.

Now, get on with it or shut up saying I refuse to answer.
You really are tiresome, however if this is the game you want to play, then I am happy to on like this for months if necessary.

Col

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Nobody forces anybody to read any thread, so that is not an answer.

Rabbie has clearly explained what the issue is here.

Brian
You sound as if you have a frog in your throat, I hope it passes soon...........

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You sound as if you have a frog in your throat, I hope it passes soon...........

:confused::confused:
care to explain its way to subtle for me , now if 50-2-1 had made the original comment then maybe....

Brian

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 10:53
I can see this thread's only purpose is to continue a "discussion," more like petty insults and cheap, child-like attacks, that was already removed for the same reason. I thought this was an Access forum. As such, I thought everyone here was an adult. If this is true, why call people purposely by names you know they will not like? Is it possible for you guys to debate something without being insulting as well?

Man, you guys make a mod's job hard.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
It should be noted that no adults were harmed or injured during the making of this thread ( or any other thread on this forum for that matter)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Vass I know and appreciate all the hard work you guys do for this forum, but if the mods had just responded after the first posts we would not have had to put up with the relentless attack on Col, ok his other thread was, IMO as stated earlier not worthy of responding to, but I still believe that common courtesy demands an explanation for the deletion, plus it helps us all know where the line in the sand is.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I can see this thread's only purpose is to continue a "discussion," more like petty insults and cheap, child-like attacks, that was already removed for the same reason. I thought this was an Access forum.

This part is not an Access forum. You may have noticed that general discussions do not take place in the Access forums.

Personally, I think it is you that make mods jobs hard. I think Brian has summed it up.

This is not a dictatorship, try and remember that - ok, we bicker a bit, but it's all good fun as long as the language stays clean. It takes the sting out of reality and allows one to have a laugh, no real harm is meant. You'll never stop it, so why keep deleting threads for little or no reason?

Col

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Okay you could not bother to answer or acknowledge the questions and you expect your words to be gold. Word it how you like and become tired if you must, going by the rude and ignorant company you keep I am not too surprized at all.

I am not ignoring you or your questions, I have politely asked you to remind me of them as I'm afraid they have slipped my memory.
I will try to answer them if you repost them - unlike you, where I have posted questions twice in this thread and still you refuse to answer.

Now, get on with it or shut up saying I refuse to answer.
You really are tiresome, however if this is the game you want to play, then I am happy to on like this for months if necessary.

Col

Last edited:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Someone clicks on Report Post to mention that someone has posted a derogatory term or a hateful message and nothing is done. Not even an excusing PM to say "No because" or bullshit like "we will monitor this". So much effort is put into banning spam and the trolling continues on and on. And I do not pretend my shit does not stink because I have posted shots and snipes at people. Only because I can, it is permitted and going by some of the posts by "VIPs" this sort of behavior is welcomed and condoned.

What is so hard about being a mod? All you have to do is jump on the spam that gets past the filters and people flag for you.

I can see this thread's only purpose is to continue a "discussion," more like petty insults and cheap, child-like attacks, that was already removed for the same reason. I thought this was an Access forum. As such, I thought everyone here was an adult. If this is true, why call people purposely by names you know they will not like? Is it possible for you guys to debate something without being insulting as well?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
It should be noted that no adults were harmed or injured during the making of this thread ( or any other thread on this forum for that matter)

LOL, I would believe you except some people seem to take so much way too personal on this forum. This is what turns into personal attacks and reported posts.

Brian said:
Vass I know and appreciate all the hard work you guys do for this forum, but if the mods had just responded after the first posts we would not have had to put up with the relentless attack on Col, ok his other thread was, IMO as stated earlier not worthy of responding to, but I still believe that common courtesy demands an explanation for the deletion, plus it helps us all know where the line in the sand is.

Brian

That's fair enough. It would have been easy to clean up except the same people who report posts as offensive, end up responding to those posts and continuing the discussion. How about, if you report a post, don't respond! I would think this to be common sense.

Col said:
This part is not an Access forum. You may have noticed that general discussions do not take place in the Access forums.

Personally, I think it is you that make mods jobs hard. I think Brian has summed it up.

This is not a dictatorship, try and remember that - ok, we bicker a bit, but it's all good fun as long as the language stays clean. It takes the sting out of reality and allows one to have a laugh, no real harm is meant. You'll never stop it, so why keep deleting threads for little or no reason?

Col

I realize it's not an Access SECTION of the forum. My point was, it's not a place children would be likely to visit. I'm not always seeing that by some of the posts I see made. I know it's not a dictatorship, but when does the language stay clean? There was plenty in the thread this one references and this thread alone to completely dispute that. And when people quote it, and continue it... you see my point? You guys can have your fun, just keep it fun for all.

Fifty said:
Someone clicks on Report Post to mention that someone has posted a derogatory term or a hateful message and nothing is done. Not even an excusing PM to say "No because" or bullshit like "we will monitor this". So much effort is put into banning spam and the trolling continues on and on. And I do not pretend my shit does not stink because I have posted shots and snipes at people. Only because I can, it is permitted and going by some of the posts by "VIPs" this sort of behavior is welcomed and condoned.

What is so hard about being a mod? All you have to do is jump on the spam that gets past the filters and people flag for you.

I and the other mods have handled every post reported rather professionally in my opinion. Since you want to publicly complain about the job we do, no one is forcing you to stay. The one time you reported a post, I handled it as justly as I could. If you think I didn't do my job, feel free to report to the admin. I've already answered one of the things hard about being a mod that YOU yourself do rather religiously. Since you seem to want everything public, stop reporting posts and then replying to them, especially leaving the post you are replying to in your message. Replying to a reported post is a little hypocritical, don't you think?

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time

I agree, but in the interest of fostering good relations with our British cousins we must continue to attack Col and his sidekick Rich, and expose them for the Morons that they are.

We would not want people to get the impression that their rhetoric is supported by British folks that are not confined to mental wards.
I’m sure the British government has done all it can to rid these two of their delusion, so I was thinking that in light of the obvious failure to cure them, I would try a little tough love and make sure their delusions are not heeded by potentially vulnerable persons.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
I have reported more then one post. Also I would not doubt that you would consider you are doing a proper job. Not too many people get into things thinking they will give it a half assed attempt. Replying to a post after reporting is due to percieved inaction from moderators, so no I do not view it as hypocritical. As I had mentioned, unless there are an unbelievable quantity of reports, it would be proper to inform someone who lodges a complaint there are reasons their request was not actioned. Even if it was just bs lipservice that the matter is being looked into. If there is such a huge quantity of reports to prevent this then either there are not enough mods or there are boundries being crossed too often.
Of course going by your buddy list here this could be a waste of your attention, which would be hypocritical of you.

LOL, I would believe you except some people seem to take so much way too personal on this forum. This is what turns into personal attacks and reported posts.

That's fair enough. It would have been easy to clean up except the same people who report posts as offensive, end up responding to those posts and continuing the discussion. How about, if you report a post, don't respond! I would think this to be common sense.

I realize it's not an Access SECTION of the forum. My point was, it's not a place children would be likely to visit. I'm not always seeing that by some of the posts I see made. I know it's not a dictatorship, but when does the language stay clean? There was plenty in the thread this one references and this thread alone to completely dispute that. And when people quote it, and continue it... you see my point? You guys can have your fun, just keep it fun for all.

I and the other mods have handled every post reported rather professionally in my opinion. Since you want to publicly complain about the job we do, no one is forcing you to stay. The one time you reported a post, I handled it as justly as I could. If you think I didn't do my job, feel free to report to the admin. I've already answered one of the things hard about being a mod that YOU yourself do rather religiously. Since you seem to want everything public, stop reporting posts and then replying to them, especially leaving the post you are replying to in your message. Replying to a reported post is a little hypocritical, don't you think?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
we must continue to attack Col and his sidekick Rich, . . . . . .

Now who's inflaming the situation. We don't attack people, we just report the facts, obviously it is at odds with your censored TV but that's too bad.

Col

statsman

Local time
"The Facts" consist of the hard information devoid of opinion and not slanted to support your point of view.

If I ever saw a posting in the 'Cooler that conformed to the above I would probably have my eyes checked.

I include posts made by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom