Hello All (1 Viewer)

jocph

Local time
Today, 17:11
First off, I am sorry for the confusion I inadvertently created recently with all the thanks that I purportedly given to posts. Even I was taken aback with the PMs I received about this. At first I thought my account was hacked.

When I looked back to what I did the last few days, I realized that it must be the offline viewing app that I used for AWF (I used Offline Explorer).

For background, I am a member of the forum since I was in my previous work a long time ago. I enjoy and am grateful for the posts which taught me a lot about Access. Then my job changed along with my interest in Access with it. Currently, I am in the middle east and one of my tasks is to admin an Access app. I have to review and catch up with Access as a consequence. Since I do not have continuous and consistent connection to the internet, I figured to download the site for offline viewing, to read and refer to at will during offline times. Since the downloader goes to every available links on a page, it "clicked" every thanks button it finds. I should not have logged in doing this, I realized now. It would not have caused a lot of trouble.

Again, my apologies and my thanks to all the generous contributors to this site.

Joel

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:11
I couldn't resist clicking the thanks :D

Welcome back.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:11
Hi Joel. Nice to meet you!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 04:11
I realized that it must be the offline viewing app that I used for AWF (I used Offline Explorer).
well when I was watching your movements Joel, I was 100% certain you were either a hacker, a robot, or a 3rd party software application that was sourced outside of the browser. Because you would be "replying" to a thread 1 second, and then a split second later you would be *viewing* another one that was totally unrelated regarding the topic. You went on like this for hours that day I was watching. Did you really thank that many people in that many posts *manually* by clicking the thanks button that many times? If you did, that's quite an effort you made, so I applaud you. But if you are indeed human, welcome.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:11
Hello, Joel. Welcome to AWF.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Thanks for the explanation Joel - and the spike to the "thanks" count!

jocph

Local time
Today, 17:11
well when I was watching your movements Joel, I was 100% certain you were either a hacker, a robot, or a 3rd party software application that was sourced outside of the browser. Because you would be "replying" to a thread 1 second, and then a split second later you would be *viewing* another one that was totally unrelated regarding the topic. You went on like this for hours that day I was watching. Did you really thank that many people in that many posts *manually* by clicking the thanks button that many times? If you did, that's quite an effort you made, so I applaud you. But if you are indeed human, welcome.

I am only human, I guess :banghead:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:11
LOL. Welcome from me as well. Thanks for posting here as requested.

P.S. You ARE still allowed to thank people whose posts you find useful...but perhaps not quite so often :D

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Did you really thank that many people in that many posts *manually* by clicking the thanks button that many times?

It's all there in his post:

When I looked back to what I did the last few days, I realized that it must be the offline viewing app that I used for AWF (I used Offline Explorer).

Since I do not have continuous and consistent connection to the internet, I figured to download the site for offline viewing, to read and refer to at will during offline times. Since the downloader goes to every available links on a page, it "clicked" every thanks button it finds.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to the forum Joel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom