White Lives Don't Matter - apparently (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:25
Something interesting I looked up. Out of the top 3 dealiest mass shootings since 1949, only 1 was white. Just saying.

Depends how you classify Omar Mateen, who was born on Long Island to American Afghan parents.
Omar_Mateen.jpg

Granted the Virginia Tech shooter was korean but out of the top ten he's the only Non-white (again taking Mateen as white)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:25
If someone was black and they were born on Long Island to American parents, does it make them white? I think not. The only way to make a black person white is with Biden saying "You ain't black." I am not saying the shooter is black, but I am sure you get my point.

I think most people would not classify Omar as white, unless for political reasons. Even the very left-wing Guardian newspaper doesn't consider him white:

Headline: "If Omar Mateen were white, we'd have a different Orlando shooting narrative"

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...mateen-orlando-shooter-race-national-security

If he was turned down for work, the left would say it was because he was not white, but an ethnic minority. If he was beaten up, it would be because of white supremacy and attacking minorities. If he was a mass shooter, he is obviously white.

What would be interesting is an analysis of more recent times, say the last 10 or 20 years. The world was very different back in 1949. But let us keep things in perspective. There are around 16,000 murders per year in the US. Mass shootings represent a tiny percentage of the death count, although they will get a disproportionate amount of the coverage. The media bias makes it look a relatively bigger problem than it is. The main problem is where most people get killed, which are not mass shootings.

I think you will never stop mass shootings. But maybe there is something that can be done about reducing the 16,000 murder count.

Edit: One last thing...in a US population that is 60% white, you would expect to get around 60% of mass shooters to be white, yet white's are under represented. This goes against the CNN narrative of angry white men being the main culprit, suggesting that it has something to do with their "whiteness". The man bit is correct, but the white bit isn't. This is called racism, where you unfairly stereotype a group of people based on race. In the fight against racism, CNN et al. become racist actors blind to their own hypocrisy. But the reality is that CNN have no interest in the fight against racism. Instead, they are pro-black, anti-white. It is about power, not equality.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think it is the wokness that warps people's minds. Woke white people don't acknowledge that they are part of the hated class. They themselves are evil and racist, and whatever else they like to call the un-woke.

They forget that the left always eats its own.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:25
My Vietnamese neighbor recommends this movie First They Killed My Father.
He said it's streaming on Netflix right now. His family escaped communist in the '70s and has been warning me that America is headed down the same path as his homeland.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I think it is the wokness that warps people's minds. Woke white people don't acknowledge that they are part of the hated class. They themselves are evil and racist, and whatever else they like to call the un-woke.
Woke White people are in an irrational maniacal frenzy of cultural "mass suicide".

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Great but I didn't drink the Kool aid. I am not suicidal. I'm not going down with the ship.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I'm not even sure why it makes sense to limit the definition of the data point to the word "mass".

I would think it is the word "killing" that matters. Take any major city and let me know how the race of the shooter turns out.

Not sure why anyone wants to racialize this issue in the first place, but if we did, it certainly wouldn't do non-whites any favors.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I'm glad to see you back moke. We may not be on the same side of the fence, but these discussions need balance and I appreciate hearing arguments from both sides when looking at issues.
Agreed. I am usually on the other side of Moke's POV, but civil and cerebral opposition is good.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:25
This thread was started by some racist comments by a Cambridge academic who said the phrase "White lives matter" is racist. Well, she is at it again. A comprehensive investigation into race relations in the UK has the black guy in charge linked to a Nazi propagandist.

A commentator noted:
Architect Chris Rose wrote: 'The black author of the race report is being compared to an actual Nazi by an academic at Cambridge University.

She really is quite the vile human being, relishing in the protection afforded to ethnic minorities on these sorts of issues. I hope she gets her comeuppance one day, in whatever form that may be. If you want to talk about hate-speech, this is the very definition of it. Because the report disputes her opinion of race relations in the UK, she goes low while the report goes high, discrediting herself and showing what a lowlife she is.

When will others start to call out the racism from some ethnic minorities, rather than turning a blind eye to it all? The report suggests that poor white boys are the most disadvantaged group in the UK, from my brief overview. Yet very little media attention is given to it. This left-wing anti-white agenda is disgraceful and the left should be ashamed of their moral positions. They try to position themselves as compassionate moral actors, yet while espousing their own virtues, they are simultaneously saying, "nothing to see over there". It really is quite incredible.

When will the left start to look at people without treating them differently based on skin colour? Many years ago, their conviction was that this was a racist thing to do. Yet they just can't help themselves and have reverted to type.

It seems that they have a virtue signalling continuum, where you have a scale of very unequal treatment to equal to very favourable treatment for minorities.

Very unequal ------------ Equal ------------ Very favourable

Instead of raising the bar from previously unequal treatment to equal treatment, they have misinterpreted the scale to thinking that the more favourable the treatment, the more virtuous they are. But this is false. Once you go past equal, you have become racist.

Very racist ------------ Equal ------------ Very racist

So, here is the Republicans position:

Very unequal ------------ Equal (Republicans)------------ Very favourable

Here is the Democrats position:

Very unequal ------------ Equal ------------ Very favourable (Democrats)

They have misinterpreted what racism actually is. Or, perhaps it is less misinterpretation and more about appealing to your group, trying to outdo one another on how virtuous you are perceived to be. There just is no going too far if the losing group are white male.

Clearly, racism is the central theme of the Democrat party. They constantly talk about race, whilst being the party of racism. It is like shouting about how un-racist they are, while displaying pro-black anti-white sentiment.

Do any others here agree with this interpretation?

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Asking for a vaccine ID is okay, but asking for a voter ID is racist. The left is basically saying some minorities are not smart enough to get a voter ID.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I believe that as time goes on, the irony of the Democratic party positing itself as anti-racist will be increasingly felt by the American people.

Simply reading about the life and history of long-serving US Senator Robert Byrd (ranging from his passionate letters to the Ku Klux Klan, verbally denigrating Black people and seeking to reinstate the Klan in his home state.......to the gushing eulogies given by Hilary and Biden when he died a few years ago), and you'll gain an interesting and revealing perspective.

The Democrats have always been the party of racism. Only now the colors have changed.

Reactions: Jon

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I keep wondering how the democrats juxtapose ID for vaccines but not for voting. This is why controlling any border is so crucial otherwise, you get this dumbing-down effect of the voting populace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom