White Lives Don't Matter - apparently (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:45
With this statement you are contradicting yourself by saying earlier that political discussion is only 2.2% of total traffic.
What is the contradiction? And you are misreading my posts. I never said 2.2% of total traffic.

Why don't you experiment by temporarily suspending political discussuions in AWF and provide metrics of traffic by each AWF sub forum?
Why don't you answer my repeated questions about why other sites that have no political discussion are doing poorly relative to AWF? But you don't, and we all know why. It contradicts your hypothesis.

FrankRuperto

Local time
Yesterday, 21:45
High traffic at the expense of allowing political innuendo on a site which is supposed to be focused on MS Access and technical software discussions is tantamount to selling your soul to the devil. Shame on you!... I hope advertisers and members start boycotting your site.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:45
Conservatives lost the last election in the US but remain far happier than their liberal counterparts. That's because we remain optimistic about the future.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
which is supposed to be focused on MS Access and technical software discussions
False, as already explained. You can't tell me what my own site is supposed to be!

I hope advertisers and members start boycotting your site.
Your true colours exposed. Cancel Culture! I will let others state what they think of your comment. There is a thumbs down emoticon. :D

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
And just a reminder, you are your biggest hypocrite. Against the Political forum, but continually posting here. This one is a slam dunk!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As a result of AWF not remaining neutral on the topic of politics, you are fueling division and loss of business and friendship among software developers.
Frank. You are 100% wrong. Not a single person who posts here has suggested that YOU be banned. If they don't want to read your posts, they block you. And some of us even engage with you. But you drank the Kool aid and in your mind ONLY YOUR OPINIONS should be heard. ALL other opinions are hate speech. If you hate us so much. Go away. That is what freedom actually is Frank. The ability to CHOOSE. You want it but you refuse to give it to anyone you disagree with. Try to think about that for a moment. Your problem in this forum is that you can't engage on the facts since all you have are "feelings". You feel superior. You feel moral. You feel righteous. Everyone who disagrees is evil. They don't just have different potentially inferior ideas. You think of them (us) as evil. You can never ever win an argument on feelings.

I can tell you truly Frank for all the people you are arguing with here, we would love to engage on the issues but you can't; all you can bring are feelings. You are incapable of having an intelectual discussion about the pros and cons of anything. It's your way or the highway.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
High traffic at the expense of allowing political innuendo on a site which is supposed to be focused on MS Access and technical software discussions is tantamount to selling your soul to the devil.
It's just as well that you think I am losing lots of traffic then, otherwise I would be guilty of the above crime. Think you shot yourself in the foot again. Doh! :unsure:

pflipper

Local time
Yesterday, 19:45
If I had to use the thumbs down emoticon on this post for everything that I did not find factual, find reflective, or find insightful, I'd have a tired clicking hand. As usual, Rs like to take big verbal dumps but think their own s**t don't stink.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you have some policy you'd like to discuses, we'd love to engage. If you want to simply attack people because you disagree with their opinions, people will simply ignore you. If you get rude about it, you'll get blocked.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
If I had to use the thumbs down emoticon on this post for everything that I did not find factual, find reflective, or find insightful, I'd have a tired clicking hand. As usual, Rs like to take big verbal dumps but think their own s**t don't stink.
I think the issue in this case is wishing bad outcomes for the site they are participating in.

pflipper

Local time
Yesterday, 19:45
Coming in and reading some of the posts on this thread, I had two observations:
1. my hand would get tired clicking thumbs down on this thread if I had to do it for all the posts that I did not find factual, find reflective, or find insightful
2. Rs like to take big verbal dumps but think their own s**t don't stink.

Observations. Not personal attacks on anyone in particular. No ruder than what I've seen posted on this thread. Calling people hypocrites; telling posters they are 100% wrong. That, on the other hand, seems a bit rude. Maybe that's what you call just disagreeing with their opinion, but that just leads to my second observation, whether you are an "R" or not.

You can moderate what you want. I didn't go point for point with anything written here b/c I doubt I will change any minds on specific issues as it seems that many here have already made up their mind.

Will not be stopping by again to engage in fruitless battles on this thread. But take a look at my last observation. Take a deep breath. Ask yourself - does what I'm spewing really smell as great as I think it does?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
for all the posts that I did not find factual
I was not aware you were the arbitrator of facts.

Not personal attacks on anyone in particular.
Just all Republicans. Why bother leaving anyone out, aye?

Calling people hypocrites
What do you call someone who thinks there shouldn't be a politics forum here but spends nearly all their posting time in the politics forum?

That, on the other hand, seems a bit rude
What response do you think is appropriate for someone who says they want this forum to fail, for members to boycott, for advertisers to leave?

b/c I doubt I will change any minds on specific issues as it seems that many here have already made up their mind.
Do you believe others should change their minds to match what you think, because you have you already made up your mind that you know the truth?

Ask yourself - does what I'm spewing really smell as great as I think it does?
A very good question and don't let any of us stop you from asking it.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It makes sense to me. Some will recall my comments that actively encourage others to post their opinions that are different from mine. I am not a believer in echo chambers. I do believe that perhaps this forum section has become more Republican than Democrat lately because Democrats want to cancel and prevent discussion, while Republicans want open discussion. Consequently, they don't want to engage and just leave. Just an observation.

Some like to agitate the discussion to get attention, in my opinion. Others like to just discuss the facts. Whatever your approach, it helps to not start to attack the site. You may disagree with some of my decisions, but without me this site would not exist and nor would this community. We are over 20 years old and that required work. You may dislike some things here, but there are always other places to go that do not have a politics section, or have heavy moderation policies that might better suit your taste.

FrankRuperto

Local time
It makes sense to me. Some will recall my comments that actively encourage others to post their opinions that are different from mine. I am not a believer in echo chambers. I do believe that perhaps this forum section has become more Republican than Democrat lately because Democrats want to cancel and prevent discussion, while Republicans want open discussion. Consequently, they don't want to engage and just leave. Just an observation.

Some like to agitate the discussion to get attention, in my opinion. Others like to just discuss the facts. Whatever your approach, it helps to not start to attack the site. You may disagree with some of my decisions, but without me this site would not exist and nor would this community. We are over 20 years old and that required work. You may dislike some things here, but there are always other places to go that do not have a politics section, or have heavy moderation policies that might better suit your taste.
Your strategy is a recipe for disaster and I bet a hundred bucks your plan will backfire. The U.S. Government and large American corporations catalog AWF as one of many foreign sites being used to destabilize America and sooner or later they will pull the plug, just like twitter pulled the plug on Trump. If you think that's far fetched, keep adding more gas to the fire.

I hope you realize that by not being a neutral imparcial site owner you are anihilating a large segment of software developers, advertisers, corporate sponsors, etc... Perhaps you don't care, but it will catch up with you.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
My disastrous recipe led to the most popular Access forum. The Politics Forum has been there for 20 years. How do you explain that? You can't.

The site is impartial.

Perhaps you think the site should be as impartial as Twitter. In other words, highly biased.

This is like shooting ducks in a barrel. Surely you have a better argument?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Jon, I don't know whether to be dismayed are impressed with your wasted efforts on this guy. I cant read his posts - unless someone copies and pastes his trifling drivel.

I have no issue with opposing views but when someone will simply not engage in conversation and use deflection as a means to avoid admitting that they just might have it wrong, and talks of "neutralizing" those he disagrees with, I am no use for them.

He is one of two people on my ignore list. I just have to decide with one is the bigger fool. At least one of them uses complete sentences and proper punctuation...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Be both dismayed and impressed! I just like to present my opinion and watch them hang themselves in front of others. There is no bigger fool than to do it repeatedly.

We are not Twitter here. If you want to debate, bring your A game, otherwise you will just embarrass yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom