The Oscars (1 Viewer)

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 15:15
Public mockery has been the order of the day, but it should not be condoned, when kids mock fellow kids, it is said that they will outgrow such attitude, but when adults do so, what excuse should we give for their actions.
If you don't want to be the butt of jokes don't go to these BS festivals. My suggestion to those who do, and anybody else, is to make "taking offence" a hate crime, punishable by cancellation.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:15
There is nothing to mis-understand. Chivalry is inequality personified.
Nicely put. There is a difficulty with all of this. Current standards suggest to treat everybody equally, regardless of gender. But our wiring is not built that way. This has resulted in a "pick-and-choose" scenario where equal rights campaigners want what is good for their cohort, regardless of meeting the standard for being gender blind. Colin put it well.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:15
1648578217714.png

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think this event will generate a ton of memes!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Is that OJ? He was innocent, wasn't he? Proven in a court of law...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:15
Is that OJ? He was innocent, wasn't he? Proven in a court of law...

Because of poor prosecutorial conduct and also because no one could find any of his samurai swords (he had a collection before that night), he was acquited of criminal charges but was subsequently found liable for damages in a civil court. Because of that civil finding, he has remained silent even though no one could criminally prosecute him now. The civil judgment could be amended if he ever admitted guilt.

Johnny Cochrane's "If they don't fit, you must acquit" defense would have been negated by just ONE GOOD leather expert, who would have told the jury that once a set of leather gloves is exposed to fresh blood enzymes, they shrink.

Chivalry is inequality personified.

Incomplete definition. Chivalry is ALSO the art of singing the praises of your foe as you eviscerate him with your sword.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Does that mean OJ was being chivalrous as he eviscerates (allegedly) his foe with a his samurai sword?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I don't know anything about chivalry but I will grab a door and hold it for anyone, not just women or kids. Holding doors for people who are old or having issues is one way of paying it forward. I always smile and say thank you when anyone returns the favor.

KitaYama

Local time
Tomorrow, 07:15
I don't know anything about chivalry but I will grab a door and hold it for anyone, not just women or kids. Holding doors for people who are old or having issues is one way of paying it forward. I always smile and say thank you when anyone returns the favor.
That's the spirit.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time

Comments anyone? Would it be ok for the bald guys wife to come up and slap Will Smith around the face? Has this clip changed your opinion at all?

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
When Will Smith stormed onto the Oscar stage to strike Chris Rock for making a joke about his wife’s short hair, he did a lot more damage than just to Rock’s face. With a single petulant blow, he advocated violence, diminished women, insulted the entertainment industry, and perpetuated stereotypes about the Black community.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 18:15
The Oscars are no longer about entertainment and the best (quality) movies but propaganda promoting "wokism".

Horace Cooper of Fox news had what I believe was the best insight into Will Smith's assault on Chris Rock. The video unfortunately is not available. Basically, Will Smith set a new low bar in terms of a person walking onto a public platform and assaulting the presenter and not getting arrested because of his stature in society. Jesse Waters made a comparison to a parent who was protesting the treatment of his daughter by a school board and was forcibly removed by the policy for simply speaking. So if you are a member of the elite, you get a pass; but if you are a typical person you get arrested.

As an associated negative theme. Comedians are noted for making offensive humor. So If you are a comedian are you now "open" to attack if anyone perceives that they are "offended"? Cooper went on to talk about other settings, such as someone giving a lecture and someone finds that lecture "offensive". Unless Smith is charged with assault, people can now assume that it is acceptable to assault anyone based on the simple fact you feel "offended".

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Comments anyone? Would it be ok for the bald guys wife to come up and slap Will Smith around the face? Has this clip changed your opinion at all?
Not really, All.comedy that mocks others goes a long way in affecting the self esteem of people who are object of mockery.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Will Smith's assault on Chris Rock. The video unfortunately is not available. Basically, Will Smith set a new low bar in terms of a person walking onto a public platform and assaulting the presenter and not
If Chris presses charges , that will go a long way in deterring such assault in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom