Paris Hilton's Get Out Of Jail Card. (2 Viewers)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 08:10
Twat <> moron (though they might be roughly equivalent allowing for the language barrier)
According to dictionary.com, a twat is a slang term for a female vulva (part of the ******)

Is that what a moron is in the USA?

Col

qailoh

not feeling witty atm
Local time
Today, 00:10
According to dictionary.com, a twat is a slang term for a female vulva (part of the ******)

Col

I'm familiar with a vast array of slang terms that refer to the female genitalia. I allowed for the possibility that in whatever obscure dialect Rich was speaking pehaps twat=moron. In the English I'm familiar with however, the terms are not equivalent. Are you as an Access developer unfamiliar with the expression <>? Wow. And yet you still have a job? Amazing. At least you two have stopped denying the fact that Rich is a moron and have been reduced to quibbling over terms. Do try to comprehend my posts as you read them before asking questions that have already been answered.

qailoh

not feeling witty atm
Local time

Col

Additionally, though I'm aware that many people feel comfortable using slang terms for female genitalia as euphemisms for moron, idiot and so forth, I personally do not. I find the C-word to be extremely offensive in whatever context, such an ugly word to describe such a beautiful thing. I happen to like pussy myself, to commit a masterpiece of understatement. Also, I would point out that it was Rich who first introduced the word twat into the debate. From your reference:

twat (twŏt) Pronunciation Key
n.

Vulgar Slang The vulva.
Offensive & Vulgar Slang A woman or girl.

1. a man who is a stupid incompetent fool [syn: fathead]
2. obscene terms for female genitals

Offensive, vulgar, and obscene, three words I am perfectly comfortable in accepting as describing Rich's and your behavior on this forum.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Not when I went to school it didn't:rolleyes:

Rich said:
He can't be, he's not American

If you can't be a moron because you're not American then there is zero possibility of being a moronic non-American. Thus there are no non-American morons.... according to the fullofcrapology school of thought anyway.:rolleyes:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
From your reference:

twat (twŏt) Pronunciation Key
n.

Vulgar Slang The vulva.
Offensive & Vulgar Slang A woman or girl.

1. a man who is a stupid incompetent fool [syn: fathead]
2. obscene terms for female genitals

Offensive, vulgar, and obscene, three words I am perfectly comfortable in accepting as describing Rich's and your behavior on this forum.

You missed out incompetent :D

qailoh

not feeling witty atm
Local time
You missed out incompetent :D

My bad, I thought I'd already thoroughly covered that one earlier with the whole reliance on spellcheck thing but it never hurts to re-emphasize the relevant points. :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Never met a pompous American before - no thinking about it, most Americans think they're greater than everyone else and you fit right in to that mould

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
In the English I'm familiar with however, the terms are not equivalent.
Speaking American is not the same as speaking English, please don't try to link the two.

You are in a foreign land and you are not English. You speak American, which is a wierd vandalised form of English.

Col

Last edited:

qailoh

not feeling witty atm
Local time
Speaking American is not the same as speaking English, please don't try to link the two.

You are in a foreign land and you are not English. You speak American, which is a wierd vandalised form of English.

Col

Col calling someone else pompous? :eek: ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

*whew*

I had to catch my breath after that.

American? What language is that? I speak English (As well as some ASL. I can swear in Cantonese, Russian, French, German, Spanish and Italian, can speak a few words of Amharic, Tegrina, Korean, Japanese and Tagalog but that's beside the point.)

I've read Mallory's Le Morte D'Arthur in the original English, and the language you speak, Col, is no less a weird (note I spell it correctly) vandalized form of English than the one I do.

From what is apparently your new favorite online reference:

No results found for wierd.
Did you mean weird (in dictionary) or Wierd (in encyclopedia)?

Please learn to speak proper English before you start criticizing mine.

R

Rich

What's proper English and it's certainly not English you've used in your post.:rolleyes:

qailoh

not feeling witty atm
Local time
What's proper English and it's certainly not English you've used in your post.:rolleyes:

If you are ignorant as to what proper English is then how could you of all people tell what is and what is not? Your eloquence is up to your usual fine standards, Spellcheck Boy. (See? that's sarcasm...)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 03:10
:D
So, anyway... whilst this thread went down the usual road of bickering.... Paris is getting out of jail in a couple days, isn't she?

R

Rich

If you are ignorant as to what proper English is then how could you of all people tell what is and what is not? Your eloquence is up to your usual fine standards, Spellcheck Boy. (See? that's sarcasm...)

A Yank lecturing the English on the proper use of English ha ha ha ROFL:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I speak English (As well as some ASL. I can swear in Cantonese, Russian, French, German, Spanish and Italian, can speak a few words of Amharic, Tegrina, Korean, Japanese and Tagalog but that's beside the point.)

Hmmm, just a useless smattering of more languages to add to your American English - swear words? thats really useful, the usual American way to get things across when you're in a foreign land, swear at the people.:rolleyes:

Have you visited these countries?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
:D
So, anyway... whilst this thread went down the usual road of bickering.... Paris is getting out of jail in a couple days, isn't she?

whats the point in going on about a blonde airhead that shows her knickers evry time she goes out. It's boring

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom