My Country, Your country (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yesterday, 23:02
We have judges here in the US that want us to adhere to sharia law, I thought that didn’t happen in Australia. Am I wrong?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:02
I don't know how you gained your opinion about how we treat the Muslims.

They get more government help than the average Australian. And I am going to stop there before I say what I really think.

Statistics please. As I don't believe that to be true.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
We have judges here in the US that want us to adhere to sharia law, I thought that didn’t happen in Australia. Am I wrong?

That is something I'm pretty sure is not on the cards here.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I was under the impression that you did not let Muslims or anyone else come into your country and tell you, that you had to change your laws and customs to accommodate them. Am I wrong?

You mean like we did in Iraq?

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
I don't know how you gained your opinion about how we treat the Muslims.

I was under the impression that you did not let Muslims or anyone else come into your country and tell you, that you had to change your laws and customs to accommodate them. Am I wrong?
We have a constant flow of boat people who claim to be refugees. What they really are, are rich people who pay Thousands of Dollars to people smugglers for a boat ride to Australia from Indonesia.

When they get here we put them in camps where they are processed. But while there they get treated very well. They get their own rooms, are fed well as per their Religion. Medical, TV, Internet etc. Eventually they get a Visa and are allowed to join the Australian community. They get Accommodation Furniture etc. At times we can't find a place for them to live so we put them in Motels where they get room service etc. Then after they are settled they get free legal aid to allow the rest of their family to join them.

Meanwhile there are genuine refugees who now have to wait longer to get here because the cheats have tacked their place.

We, as in mainstream Australians are required to accept their religious ways. They are given time off work for their prayers. They enter Banks with their faces hidden. The list goes on.

While we have not changed our Laws the Muslims take every advantage of the Laws that were put in place to protect various minorities. These Laws were put in place for Honorable reasons. Time is showing that they don't work.

I would just add that the US has a very big influence on our culture. Maybe because we watch so much American TV.

Dick There is an Icon to the left of the font Name. If you select all your text then click on the Icon your text will revert to the default.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sharia = No Beer

No Beer = No Way

RainLover

Local time
I base it on a news item I read a while back, but then again just because it was on the news doesn’t mean it is true, does it? However, now that you mention it I certainly hope that I didn’t base it on an email, blog, or forum, woe be to me.

If that happened here then that would be justicication to own a Gun.
I would be one of the first.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
We have a constant flow of boat people who claim to be refugees. What they really are, are rich people who pay Thousands of Dollars to people smugglers for a boat ride to Australia from Indonesia.

When they get here we put them in camps where they are processed. But while there they get treated very well. They get their own rooms, are fed well as per their Religion. Medical, TV, Internet etc. Eventually they get a Visa and are allowed to join the Australian community. They get Accommodation Furniture etc. At times we can't find a place for them to live so we put them in Motels where they get room service etc. Then after they are settled they get free legal aid to allow the rest of their family to join them.

Meanwhile there are genuine refugees who now have to wait longer to get here because the cheats have tacked their place.

We, as in mainstream Australians are required to accept their religious ways. They are given time off work for their prayers. They enter Banks with their faces hidden. The list goes on.

While we have not changed our Laws the Muslims take every advantage of the Laws that were put in place to protect various minorities. These Laws were put in place for Honorable reasons. Time is showing that they don't work.

I would just add that the US has a very big influence on our culture. Maybe because we watch so much American TV.

Dick There is an Icon to the left of the font Name. If you select all your text then click on the Icon your text will revert to the default.

That a complete bunch of retardese, if these people are so well off then why don't the just buy an air ticket and fly in on the next QF flight out of Jakarta?

You need to look at the facts rather than swallowing hook line and sinker the current scare campaign currently being run by the MSN and the two major political parties.

In 2009-2010 there where 15,800 illegal visa over-stayers as compared with 2,726 boat arrivals.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
...additionally Mandatory Detention creates a rod for our own backs. These people are locked up for so long that;
  1. It cost an inordinate amount of money to detain them
  2. That when they are release they are so mentally damaged that they find it hard if not impossible to integrate
  3. They require every bit of help to get over the trauma of the detention, which further imposes unnecessary cost on the community.

RainLover

Local time
That a complete bunch of retardese, if these people are so well off then why don't the just buy an air ticket and fly in on the next QF flight out of Jakarta?

John, you raise a very interesting point here. Why don't they simply pay around $1,000 for a plane trip rather than risk life and limb on a leaky boat and pay closer to $10,000 for the privilege.

RainLover

Local time
John

You have me at a disadvantage. I do not now your culture. Where are you from.

Knowing this may help me to understand your point of view better.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
John, you raise a very interesting point here. Why don't they simply pay around $1,000 for a plane trip rather than risk life and limb on a leaky boat and pay closer to $10,000 for the privilege.

Could it be that the places they are fleeing from are so fucked up that they are unable to obtain proper travel documents, and they are therefore forced to risk everything they have to come to a place where they can escape persecution (poor deluded fools :rolleyes: ) I'd say anyone that desperate is deserving of our help, and should not subjected to further trauma and marginalisation.

...and don't even raise the issue of cue jumping, as that hoary old chestnut been debunked as well.

and if you think al qaeda would piss about sending terrorists in on illegal boats think again. An organisation like that would be in a position to simply fly them in on fake passports. Why would they risk sending an agent in on a leaky boat facing indefinite detention.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
John

You have me at a disadvantage. I do not now your culture. Where are you from.

Knowing this may help me to understand your point of view better.

I think that there is more than enough information within the various Watercooler threads for you to make a judgement, on that subject, without my explicitly spelling it out for you.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time

Is there someting wrong with my font again? It look ok on my end.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
BTW, how do you guys put that blue box around the quotes?

RainLover

Local time

Is there someting wrong with my font again? It look ok on my end.

This post is fine, but some are very small fonts. With my aging eyes I have to zoom in to read it.

I base it on a news item I read a while back, but then again just because it was on the news doesn’t mean it is true, does it? However, now that you mention it I certainly hope that I didn’t base it on an email, blog, or forum, woe be to me.
As you can see this one is very small.

To put things in Blue hit the Quote Icon. Code is a Little different as it allows indentations. Again hit the Code Icon.

RainLover

Local time
I think that there is more than enough information within the various Watercooler threads for you to make a judgement, on that subject, without my explicitly spelling it out for you.
Now I know and understand.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
I think the answer to the question, as to why they don’t get on an aircraft, is rather obvious; they don’t have an entry visa.

If they don’t have an entry visa then they would be detained and sent back, just like anyone else who tried it. It is backdoor entry, it is illegal and the law should prevail.

The same goes for all illegal entry, people from anywhere, or goods. Customs has a job to do under the prevailing law and they should do their job. If it becomes politically incorrect then the law should be changed so that the law can still be enforced by the people entrusted to enforce it.

At the moment in Australia, politicians, of all parties, seem to be stuffing around with where the people should be sent. They are not speaking about if they should be sent.

It is a guess on my part but I think the same applies to the USA as well. The border with Mexico has regulations as does the import of Cuban cigars. (Which I personally think is vindictive.)

But, until such time as the politicians change the law, the law must be enforced.

Chris.

RainLover

Local time
Thanks Chris

That's another thing I like about Australia. Cuban Cigars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom