Accdb opening as read only after deployment (1 Viewer)

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 07:19
Just sent a client a copy of an accdb via Skype - usual procedure - anyway when they try to launch the accdb it is coming up with a read only message. What is the cause of this. Tried all the settings at my end. Does not do it for me. Not Trusted Locations, cannot replicate at my end. Any suggestions?

It is beginning to transpire that it is Windows 7 to blame I have set up a trusted location but as soon as the files hit the machine they become read only. Copied the files to a pen drive then into the trusted location it was only then that they became read only and when I try to save them under a different name in the same location Windows is saying I do not have Admin rights.

Last edited:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Since it is OK at your end it seems to me that it must be something in the client's environment. It might be worth checking that the client is giving you the whole story about access rights etc

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 23:19
Depending on which version of Windows they have, it sometimes marks the file as having come from an unknown source. You right click the file, go to the Security tab and there should be a checkbox to uncheck which I can't remember the exact wording but it should be obvious if it is there.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Think I got to the bottom of it. It was the fact that the install was within Program Files folder, Windows 7 was being over protective by making everthing copied into a subfolder of program files read only. When I moded the sub folder to the root of C: the issue went away.

As I was developing on XP it never occurred in that OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom