Big hit by Google's recent algo update (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:00
Google had a big change to their algorithm in early May, and sadly, it looks like we've been hit. They obviously don't like us online communities anymore. Early signs are that we have lost 30% of traffic, which is a major blow for us. But there is nothing we can do about it except plod on. Compared to this time last year, we are at half the levels of traffic. :(

1590073356210.png

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:00
Is it perhaps the new forum software?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I won't pretend to know anything about SEO or how to improve the rankings. You're saying that other forums are now above AWF and they weren't before?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I've always felt that a major part of search engine results has got to be the Subject lines that are used for posts. (I could be wrong?) That is why I always hate seeing "a little help needed", or "update" as post titles. Of course, it's not a good result for the OP either.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am not sure about other forums, except to say that at the Xenforo site, many have lost significant rankings. It all started on May 5th. A guy with an Excel forum lost rank, and another guy in a tech area. Maybe the Excel guy was MrExcel? Who knows.I haven't looked on vbulletin sites or the others. My research showed that there has been big upheaval in the SERPS in May and so therefore this was a big Google update.

Perhaps Google are lowering tech forums in the Google results, for example.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Too many adverse remarks in the watercooler regarding big tech...your'e on their radar. 😎

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I have to say I have recently been googling for a variety of Excel automation stuff and the results have nearly always come up in blog's ahead of the forums, apart from stackoverload.

Bit weird

mamradzelvy

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:00
I have to say I have recently been googling for a variety of Excel automation stuff and the results have nearly always come up in blog's ahead of the forums, apart from stackoverload.

Bit weird

Blogs have more often than not some sort of advertising/google ad banners, go figure ;)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 19:00
The graph is cyclic. Does that mean it follows the phases of the Moon?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:00
Looks more like a weekly cycle, less traffic on weekends than weekdays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom