Bing maps GPS (1 Viewer)

AccessWorld

Local time
Yesterday, 20:12
There are a lot of tutorials on using Bing or Google maps to obtain addresses. What I am trying to do is use a Bing or Google map to place an flag on a location and associate it with a form Work order. I would like the web browser control to show our airport map on the form...allow users to select a spot on the airfield, tag it and return that GPS coordinate to Access. Each work order would display a web control map with that specific work order location. Lastly I'd like to display an overall airport map showing all open work orders.

No physical addresses need...just gps points on the map. Anyone ever tried something like this- perhaps hikers have done something similar to track their waypoints? New here..thought I'd ask if this is even possible.

AccessWorld

Local time
Yesterday, 20:12
Just saw some possible threads pop up after posting. Will read those as well..
Most I have read are about finding physical postal addresses.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 01:12
Although I've hardly used the Bing Maps API, I did a lot of work on Google Maps API a couple of years ago including adding pointers to maps for various purposes based on location. I found the Google Maps API documentation to be very good.

Most of my examples are indeed based on postcodes so you may have already looked at one or more.

For example these 2 screenshots are from one of my commercial apps:

NearbyPlaces2.PNG

PostcodeDistrictDE1.PNG

You can find several free examples in the sample apps section of this forum
In particular, have a look at the following:

You can also find more details on my website

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom