Boxing Ring (1 Viewer)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 06:48
Please feel free to correct my spelling of corral or cordon.
:D

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 11:48
Can you imagine it? an American as PM?:eek: we'll consider it when the USA votes in a non-white female as President.;)

Col
Winston Churchill was half american (His mother was american) . So perhaps there is some merit in the idea :rolleyes:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
The first woman MP to take her seat was American, damn I can't criticise her, she's still held in high regard in my home city:eek:

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 06:48
Winston Churchill was half american (His mother was american) . So perhaps there is some merit in the idea :rolleyes:

I would offer my services, but I have kind of a shady past. And I'm not willing to make any promises that my future will be squeaky clean either.
;)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I would offer my services, but I have kind of a shady past. And I'm not willing to make any promises that my future will be squeaky clean either.
;)

Sounds like politician material to me :D Unfortunately I don't fit the bill, way too squeeky clean, never so much as sneezed in the wrong direction. So, that said, when do we start our "elect TessB for Ruler of the UK" campaign?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
The first woman MP to take her seat was American, damn I can't criticise her, she's still held in high regard in my home city:eek:
However she was opposed to the consumption of alcohol and so was not perfect.:(

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
However she was opposed to the consumption of alcohol and so was not perfect.:(
She's not well regarded for her politics, but both she and her husband were both very generous in gifts bequeathed to my home town, there are still many places here carrying the Astor name:eek:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I hope that Col, my very special and wise friend, will pop in and resume his old charming and light hearted personality... And I hope he joins in on this thread anew and accepts this olive branch as a sign and commitment to a new beginning.

Thanks Tess for resurrecting that old comment I made. Rest assured that if ever I make it to the shores of the Florida coast then Tampa will be my first port of call.
We will go to the finest restaurant and enjoy a lovely meal and fine wine together, and to show I love you I will even let you pay!

You are right that there is too much aggro on these forums, however now that the knob-head has gone from the White House, we can only hope things will improve with Obama Hussein.

Mind you, I'm not keen on his Mrs - Michelle. I reckon she's a bit wierd with her constant demonstration of bare arms - taking the constitution a bit too literally I fear. I'm not keen on the way she's always banging on about how poor she was and "look at me now", that's just showing off and rubbing people's noses in it - it's a bit like the parable of the lucky git.

Here's a joke - My Mother-in-Law is so fat, she has smaller Mother-in-Laws orbiting around her.

Anyway, I'm off to Spain in a months time. Acutally, to Burgos, where there was a huge terrorist bomb yesterday, fortunately my hotel is still standing. So you'll all get a few weeks break from me posting, I'm sure you'll all be happy with me not here, I've worked out from comments that I am the most hated person on these forums - maybe me and GWB have got something in common!

Col

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
So you'll all get a few weeks break from me posting, I'm sure you'll all be happy with me not here, I've worked out from comments that I am the most hated person on these forums - maybe me and GWB have got something in common!

Col

Never, ever, ever!!! You are not the most hated person on the forums honey, you have a go and people have a counter go, that's all. No way you are hated! And we will miss you, make sure you bring us back a stick of rock from your holiday (or is it a donkey from Spain?) :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Just a customised fag:D

That's one of the main reasons for going - I'm down to my last 10 packets of Fortuna fags!!

Oh Rich BTW, I'm not going from Plymouth this year, I'm doing P&O from Portsmouth, so we'll not be able to meet up I'm afraid, Portsmouth is a whole lot easier to get to than Plymouth.

Ouma - I can bring you back a bit of bomb rubble if you like. Actually I'm travelling round various places but Burgos is scheduled for a 2 night stay. I'm also meeting up with our young lady Romanian friend (who stayed with us earlier this year) - she's in Zaragoza, I have 3 nights there.

Anyway, it's the 2nd Sept I'm off so just getting the bike ready for it, I reckon it's only about 1000 or so miles this time - I didn't want to do too much what with the old ticker being a bit dodgy and all.

Col

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Portsmouth is a whole lot easier to get to than Plymouth.

Col
I suspect that's why most of the suface fleet is moving to Pompey,
anyway, I've got to go to Surrey and back early Saturday morning:eek:

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 05:48
Anyway, I'm off to Spain in a months time. Acutally, to Burgos, where there was a huge terrorist bomb yesterday, fortunately my hotel is still standing. So you'll all get a few weeks break from me posting, I'm sure you'll all be happy with me not here, I've worked out from comments that I am the most hated person on these forums - maybe me and GWB have got something in common!

Hi Colin, I certainly don't know you, but am throwing in my two cents anyway. You are a little hard to get used to, especially for someone like me who is not good at confrontation about anything (not even whether or not my socks are purple or blue), but hate does not enter into the equation, frustration, some, but hate as Ouma said, Never. :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Ok, perhaps hate was too strong a word. Perhaps unpopular may be a better one.

I remember when I was banned last year for a while, there were several American and Canadian posters who said the place was better off without me.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
You're doing well if they are going to last a month!

Yes that's true. I refuse to pay English prices though (£6 ($9) for 20 fags is not good)

If necessary I'll stop when I run out and start again in Spain.

Col

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 05:48
Ok, perhaps hate was too strong a word. Perhaps unpopular may be a better one.

I remember when I was banned last year for a while, there were several American and Canadian posters who said the place was better off without me.

Col

As an American, born and raised, of course I have a certain pride in my country, so of course my hackles get raised a bit when she's attacked. (Even if I don't agree with the direction America is going.) It's somewhat hard to get used to the fact that America is not perceived well in the world. To me, it's home, but, I need to develop a thicker skin, but I'm young, so I have time. So keep coming around regardless of what us Americans say. I really do believe in free speech ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom