Rich said:
Well it's hard work with Josey's education but we won't give up:D

Thanks for the chucle.

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:34
jsanders said:
One of the members of this forum is actually my girl friend..

Mike375 ???? He probably only had one REAL post. :D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I would have come here so excited to share with everyone that I landed a new job a couple weeks ago... (I start on Tuesday) and would have regaled you with the story of how it happened... you would have known WHY I was looking for a job. And you would have been so happy for me. Cheering for me and laughing.... You would have been all up to date on the way my life has been going this year.... the land we're buying, the dreams we have ... what my kids have been challenging me with.... But no one knows me here anymore. Because it just seems so inconsequential what is happening with me with such intense debates about the world at hand.
what great and sad news all together! How did the new job go? Or should I read on? I will anyway.

ERm, that's 25 pages!!, Ah well, a promise is a promise, see you in the fall :)

I don't WANT to find new friends!

Well you did, like us or lump us, we love you just as much as your old ones did :D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
That being said, in another thread I mentioned that my daughter was 20 and a virgin. (But she doesn't want to be much longer) There were some inferences made by others that I would like clarified. They seemed to infer that one who waited for marriage were somehow of a higher moral fiber than those who did not, and that those who did not were somehow "promiscuous"

Wow! I think you'd battle to find one of those under the age of 14 in our area! Not that I have any moral high horse or axe to grind, but I think this is highly commendable, you should be proud of your daughter!

I wouldn't say there is anything "morally" wrong with taking these steps at any particular age, however, I do believe that some laws manage to actually make sense. I wonder how many children under the age of, we'll say 16 because that's the law in Scotland, are emotionally equiped for such relationships? In my opinion, this is where it is wrong. Sexual relationships force people (especially girls) to grow up way too quickly, and if there is a conception as a result, it's not easy to deal with at any age, never mind when you're a young teenager.

Well done to your daughter Tess, you should be proud of her. My daughter was 18 when her first child was born, way too young in my opinion, but, with our support she coped and I am proud of her too. Never lose sight of the fact that it is your child you are talking about.

There, now I've rambled too long.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Yes, it's called fear. Fear of being hurt, fear of inadequacey, fear of being left for someone better, fear of not being socially accepted, fear of catching a disease, fear that the person doesn't really love you, fear of being used, etc. Let me pre-emptively clarify by saying these are not the only reasons people are monogomous. It's a simple preference for many. But I would argue the vast majority of people who desire to have only one partner and have that partner promise to only be with them and believe that's the only way a relationship can be healthy are -at the root- afraid of something.

Hmm, there are other reasons for monogomy. In my personal experience, I haven't actually met nor seen (movie stars etc) that I could say arouse the same high my man does, and we've been together for over 30 years.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 08:34
Hmm, there are other reasons for monogomy. In my personal experience, I haven't actually met nor seen (movie stars etc) that I could say arouse the same high my man does, and we've been together for over 30 years.

Would you say that there is just something about knowing someone so completely, and they knowing you, that just makes it worthwhile? Monogamy that is?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Wow Ouma you sure dug up the past. Kraj wont read your response he left a couple of years ago when somebody started having ago at homosexuals.
But what this thread dated in 2005 does show is how long people have been moan.. er.. complaining about certain posters and their style.

Brian

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Wow Ouma you sure dug up the past. Kraj wont read your response he left a couple of years ago when somebody started having ago at homosexuals.
But what this thread dated in 2005 does show is how long people have been moan.. er.. complaining about certain posters and their style.

Brian
Plus ca change!

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Would you say that there is just something about knowing someone so completely, and they knowing you, that just makes it worthwhile? Monogamy that is?

No, nothing as deep as that, I've just never stumbled across anyone who would make it worth the effort. :D

LOL, only kidding, to be honest I've never thought about it, the thought of straying has never crossed my mind, and if it had ever crossed his mind, well, let's just say he wouldn't be looking as good as he does ;)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time

Brian

What a shame. Maybe he is around still, but under a different name so nobody will know? ;)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time

Brian
Yes, Ken and Daniella have always been problematic............

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Not so. This was the last thread he participated in.

Brian
Sorry Bri, I don't see how that proves he's not using a different name. Don't know the guy, but he could be that deep :confused:

OK, this is very heavy reading! After a long day of documenting documentation I think I need a small pint of mead :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I didn't realise that you could be that cynical, I believe that he only popped in after Tess had contacted him, sorry if you cannot believe him.

Brian

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I didn't realise that you could be that cynical, I believe that he only popped in after Tess had contacted him, sorry if you cannot believe him.

Brian

LOL, cynical? me? It's not that I can't believe him, it was just a passing thought. Like I say, didn't know the guy... That's a laugh though, me cynical, ha ha ha.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I wonder if that belonged in the useless facts thread.:D

We had a useless facts thread?

If we had stayed British colonies, where do you think we would be now?

For a start you'd be a British colony, instead of Britain being an American one :D

Would the Indians still be a thriving race?

As much as the Zulu's...

Weren't they labelled Indians because Columbas thought he'd found India? Typical man, wouldn't ask for directions...

Can you imagine it? an American as PM?:eek:

Can you imagine a Scottish PM? :eek:

we pay a small fortune for road tax and most of the roads are yuck! (more noticeable in my wee mini but...still a valid point to make mes thinks):rolleyes:

That's because you live in Edinburgh, they employ a man especially to put holes in the roads to annoy drivers and ward off tourists.

Up to page 22, I give up for the night, sigh.

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 09:34
Thanks, Ouma for following the link on the other thread. I TOLD you it was interesting!!!

As you see, we were once quite able to speak of things we had in common and treat each other as human beings of the same race.

The answer is simple - as you all know, the consciousness of the American people has already worked it out.

Once you solve your big problem in the White House maybe some progress can be made and hopefully then, the UK could be run by the British and not the White House - Just don't make the mistake of voting in his brother for 4 years if he runs.
Sadly though, it'll take many years to undo all the damage thats been done by the present lodger, even if it can be undone - people (in the world) have very long memories.

Col

I agreed with Col then and I still agree.
However, Col the Oracle made a prediction those many years ago saying it would take years to undo all the damage.... and there was more to come even after that post.

And, he was right. (IMHO)

I personally don't mind that he was right... I mean... I saw it too. And I saw this man fritter away the American good will, along with American jobs and American hopes. But now we have a new "present lodger" and I think his heart is in the right place. I hope America is now beginning its long path toward an upswing.

I hope I hope I hope......

I hope this journey back to yesteryear is breath of fresh air for everyone here. I hope it reminds us all that we are all in the same boat, and that we are not enemies. I hope that Col, my very special and wise friend, will pop in and resume his old charming and light hearted personality... (And I personally apologize for all of the damage that the ousted government has done to affect his life adversely..... it has adversely affected we Americans as well... but I've never received an apology, nor do I expect one to be forthcoming.)
And I hope he joins in on this thread anew and accepts this olive branch as a sign and commitment to a new beginning.

It's really not hard, is it everyone? To agree that we are all fallible humans? And to agree that we are also all, at the very least, due respect?

I'm wondering if I should start a thread, Rules of Engagement.
Maybe we can all agree to some simple rules of conduct?
My worry, of course, is that it would just turn into another thread of personal attacks. Then again.... I am a person of hope. Even if it turns out badly, what is the loss? There is truly only a chance of gain.... it's already a war zone.... what could be worse???

LOL... it just occured to me that the boxing ring I set up so many years ago, in an attempt to corral all of this strife, may well be the thread that ultimately may lead to peace amonst us. Would it be wrong to ask to safely cordon off this area as a holy place where there should be no strife? Or.... is that hoping for too much?

May I ask this as a personal and deeply humble request?

So, does anyone want to know about that new job I got, or what my kids are doing these days? I have a lot of stories to tell after almost 4 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom