Bravery Awards (1 Viewer)

ButSeriously

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:00
Those celebrities who climbed kilimanjaro to raise money for Red Nose Day were very brave! The bravest thing I’ve ever done is to try and get home with a quarter tank of petrol in my car! I was just wondering if there are any people on the forum who do / have done brave things and would like to share them with us?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:00
Those celebrities who climbed kilimanjaro to raise money for Red Nose Day were very brave! The bravest thing I’ve ever done is to try and get home with a quarter tank of petrol in my car! I was just wondering if there are any people on the forum who do / have done brave things and would like to share them with us?

I show up on this forum every day - so it is either brave or stupid (I'm leaning more towards stupid I think) :D :cool::D

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
Recently I drank a red bull.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I accepted Tim the nutter as a friend on the forum!

chergh

blah
Local time
Whats brave about climbing up a gentle slope with the resources of the BBC waiting in the wings in case anything goes wrong?

It was a good thing to do which raised money for worthwhile ccauses, but brave? i don't think so.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Whats brave about climbing up a gentle slope with the resources of the BBC waiting in the wings in case anything goes wrong?

It was a good thing to do which raised money for worthwhile ccauses, but brave? i don't think so.

I have to agree, they had all the comforts of home, even tooth picks! No, wait, that was Cheryl Cole ...

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Brave is waking up each morning in this horrible world, living through the day, only to wake up in the morning knowing you have the same Sh*t to go through.... Now thats brave.. :eek:

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
I got married.

Brian

First prize to your wife. I'm joking Brian. (i have been off for a while - Hopefully theres a cl game or two yet - actually 5 I hope for.)

Celebs brave for charity. John Terry met a couple of amputee british servicemen, the other day and told the nation they were the real heroes not himself.

Thanks John - I think most of us knew that. He must have been rasing awareness!

I suppose brave is doing anything you really don't want to do. so maybe cheryl cole didn't want the type of holiday that 1000s a year pay for. Brave to some extent.

Its not winning any awards with me though. I hope the OP was taking the piss.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Brave would be Sir Fred Goodwin justifying his pension on any hightstreet in th UK.

I may take my knitting!

DevastatioN

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:00
Telling your Girlfriend/Wife (Whom has the same degree as you) that her database design is incorrect and won't work!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I never realised that you couldn't design databases if you didn't have the relevent degree.
No wonder I'm no good they didn't do degrees in IT when I was young.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Just after, :D, but atleast we learnt to spell, and design test data, pity we had no databases to store it in. ;)

brian

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Just after, :D, but atleast we learnt to spell, and design test data, pity we had no databases to store it in. ;)

brian

No hessian filing cabinets then? :D

I think what Mr Serious was getting at must have been about fund raising, in which case I feel obliged to mention that we do have a member of the forum who is extremely dedicated to raising funds for the Lifeboats. Ruth does a fantastic job and doesn't get any fame out of it. Come on, face it, celebs are only in it for the money - they stay in the public eye they get more work!

Ruth, if you read this, I think you need to take a look at your website, it keeps crashing on the home page http://www.c2cwalk2009.co.uk. Also, well done Ruth!

Ouma

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
A thin line between bravery and foolishness.:D

I know Rabbie, but the government keep telling us to "focus on my ability not my disability" :p

BTW I didn't take his kind invitation to heart, I figure he's invited everyone on the forum to be his friend, it just seemed kind of sad to me...

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Oh, oh, oh - here's one! I think I am incredibly brave. The first time I ever used a floatation tank I was claustrophobic! It was well worth it, and I think it cured my phobia!

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:00
Throwing out boxes of cards in 1996 and buying Access 95:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom