Canadian Wildfires (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:17
With all the BS going on in my own life - and the fact that I intentionally avoid the lamemain-stream media - it never occurred to me that maybe some of our Canadian members on AWF may have been adversely affected.

Apologies to you for being short-sighted and selfish. And although my condolences and well-wishes do not change a thing, I offer them up anyway.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:17
With all the BS going on in my own life

And Politics!

There have been a few wildfires around the world, with many pointing the finger at CO2 levels. They forget that wildfires are a natural occurrence, indeed some varieties of plant seeds need to be exposed to fire before they can germinate.

It is also common practice to manage areas which might be subject to wildfires, removal of dead/dry material, use of controlled burns to reduce the risk.

A more cynical person than me (and there are a few on this forum) might suggest that certain types of governments, governments that want to encourage a feeling of Doom and Disaster might remove funding from the people that maintain these Wildfire risk areas. Who would do such a thing? The same people who remove policemen from the streets I reckon!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:17
And Politics!

There have been a few wildfires around the world, with many pointing the finger at CO2 levels. They forget that wildfires are a natural occurrence, indeed some varieties of plant seeds need to be exposed to fire before they can germinate.

It is also common practice to manage areas which might be subject to wildfires, removal of dead/dry material, use of controlled burns to reduce the risk.

A more cynical person than me (and there are a few on this forum) might suggest that certain types of governments, governments that want to encourage a feeling of Doom and Disaster might remove funding from the people that maintain these Wildfire risk areas. Who would do such a thing? The same people who remove policemen from the streets I reckon!
Steady, steady there Tony...we don't want you getting a visit from the MiB...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:17
Gent, you KNOW that the MiB tend to work only on folks REALLY far from home... illegal aliens taken to an extreme. However, I have it on good authority that if you want a job with one of the Homeland Security agencies, you must voluntarily undergo surgery to remove your sense of humor. And as we know, the MiB agents from Section Six have no sense of humor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom