Change MONTH date language within a query (1 Viewer)

ian_ok

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:01
I'm trying to change the month language when I produce a query so that when the data from the query is shown in a report the language of the date is shown correctly.

A report is shown in English and the date is 1 January 2011

When the report is for a Spanish client I want 1 enero 2011

I have the following code but it says I have a syntax error, plus not sure if I am barking up the wrong tree and should do this a different way anyhow.

Code:
test: Select Day ([Arrival Date]) & " " & Choose(Month([Arrival Date]), "Enero", "Febero", "Marzo") & " " & Year([Arrival Date]) As FormattedDate;

Ian

Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:01
Your error is with the Select part of your string.

This works
Code:
Sub spTest()

' "Enero", "Febero", "Marzo"

Dim MyDate As Date
MyDate = Date
Debug.Print Choose(Month(MyDate), "Enero", "Febero", "Marzo")
End Sub

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:01
If your spanish client has the "region" settings set to spanish a Format of DD MMMM YYYY will automaticaly be spanish (or what ever region settings your pc is set to).

The reason your test thing is failing, assuming it is the full SQL, there is no "from" in it....
Other than that it looks OK at first glance.

ian_ok

Registered User.
Local time
To the first reply, where would I put that in a query...? The reason i need it in a query the dates are used later in the report in the dd/mm/yyyy format which I don't need to amend, just in pone section of the report needs changing.

To the 2nd reply I'm a tad lost as it's been 15 years since I did my last d/b...! I can't just change the Reg Settings as it's all done on my 2 pc's and the report produces an invoice which is in Eng or Esp and the esp date needs to show enero 7 not january and i don't want staff messing with settings.

I tried this to no avail:
test: SELECT ([Arrival Date]) FROM Reservations, & " " & Choose(Month([Arrival Date]), "Enero", "Febero", "Marzo") & " " & Year([Arrival Date]) As FormattedDate;

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
When you say it does not work what is wrong with it? It worked for me.

ian_ok

Registered User.
Local time
It says check the subkeys and ensure it's got the brackets

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
this is my query syntax

SELECT TblDockets.D_Date, Choose(Month([D_Date]),"Enero","Febero","Marzo") & " " & Year([D_Date]) AS Prd
FROM TblDockets;

ian_ok

Registered User.
Local time
Oh well i can't get it to work on the current d/b but when I recreate your code on it own in a new d/b it works fine......probably something simple, will report back soon.

Ian

ian_ok

Registered User.
Local time
Works wonders, thanks a million from a Bolton supporter...!!!

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Swearing and offensive language is not permitted on this forum:D

ian_ok

Registered User.
Local time
Yep I had to leave that until the end or else you might have done a Coyle and left before you had finished the job....!!

Thanks again.

Cheers Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom