UPDATE QUERY NAMED : cashintr

IF CHECKBOX VALUE = TRUE THEN CAND SAVE ANY SALES INVOICES

I CANT DO THE AIDEA WELL .. HOW CAN I MAKE IT .. PLEASE HELP

THANKS

Attachments

• Accountant.accdb
    5.5 MB · Views: 298

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:09
i tried but can't understand arabic.
btw, nice Closing form effect:)

Safari

Local time
Today, 12:09
i sent my tobic in english ..

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:09
i sent my tobic in english ..
also make the Description of each field (especially on closingperiod table) in english.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:09
If the closing date is fixed, i.e. close is always on the 10th day of the following month, you don't need to save anything. You can always tel by comparing to today's date whether an item is open or closed. If the closing date is variable, then you need to run an update query. You are ALWAYS closing the previous period, which I'm assuming is the prior month. So if this is January, you close everything that opened in December using an update query. Just run the query in the click event of a button. and use today's date as the close date.

Solo712

Registered User.
Local time
If the closing date is fixed, i.e. close is always on the 10th day of the following month, you don't need to save anything. You can always tel by comparing to today's date whether an item is open or closed. If the closing date is variable, then you need to run an update query. You are ALWAYS closing the previous period, which I'm assuming is the prior month. So if this is January, you close everything that opened in December using an update query. Just run the query in the click event of a button. and use today's date as the close date.
I too am unsure why the "accounting period closing" would require data to be saved. Unlike manual systems which require a closing date for a month period to tabulate accounting data for reports and to manage later corrections, an electronic accounting database is an open book which assigns items to month periods by date (regardless when they were entered). The whole concept of a "period closing" simply means : "by this date we will issue accounting reports". Whether an enterprise allows corrections after the closing date to be inserted for the period (with an issue of corrected reports), or corrections issued in later period as adjusting items, is decided as a business rule. Both styles can be accommodated by the application. Generally speaking, firms would not be too fussy about monthly (or quarterly) reports as they would be about annual financial reports subject to audit.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Every accounting system I have ever worked on has the concept of closing. It is imperative that you be able to produce the exact same report today for 12/31/2020 as you did on 1/10/2021. That only happens with a hard close. Any transaction that comes in late, comes in as an adjustment. You can then choose to see an adjusted statement or an unadjusted statement. At some point, you can no longer change the past, unless of course you are a liberal. Sorry, I couldn't resist:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom