Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:01

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 10:01
It is an absolute Farce...

Any movie you see where the world is at crisis, Independance Day, Day After Tomorrow...etc etc... The world leaders come together and instantly make a desicion for the betterment of mankind...

In reality what would happen if faced with an impending alien invasion, would be all the world leaders sitting arounf procrastinating about who's troops to send in first and who's gonna pay for it all.... gggrrrr

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 02:01
Pass or fail??? Who were the real culprits?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/23/2779498.htm

and the next step should be ??

My suggestion, is anybody who owes money to China does not pay up until they join the rest of the world (except those lying, cheating Indians who colluded with them)

and here is how the Indians co-operated

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/23/2779003.htm

A typical Australian response - blame some Asians.

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/science/each-countrys-share-of-co2.html

Why do you think China would object to Australia lowering its emission from being 4 times as high as China itself or twice that of the UK, and why would India do something similar?

Theres nothing to stop Australia cutting it emisions itself - rather than look elsewhere for excuses and blame.

Maybe your sanctions idea - would work - towards the real protectionist culprits?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I blame the tinpot little African countries, they bleat on about how the "west" should bail them out - I reckon they've had enough already, if they stopped moaning on and did something constructive then maybe they might get somewhere.

The other culprit is of course the USA where plenty of backhanders change hands between the business moguls and the senators to let them off spending millions on curbing emissions from their factories.

If the US senators don't play ball, then the election funding is cut for their party, that's why the USA is the 2nd worse polluter.

Col

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 05:01
I blame the tinpot little African countries, they bleat on about how the "west" should bail them out - I reckon they've had enough already, if they stopped moaning on and did something constructive then maybe they might get somewhere.

The other culprit is of course the USA where plenty of backhanders change hands between the business moguls and the senators to let them off spending millions on curbing emissions from their factories.

If the US senators don't play ball, then the election funding is cut for their party, that's why the USA is the 2nd worse polluter.

Col

There's more to it than that, but of course YOU are not really interested in truth.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
A typical Australian response - blame some Asians.

I agree up to a certain point - I picked out China / India in this case as they appear to be the culprits in not having legally binding targets.

The average Australian has taken on board that we are per capita the worst in the world and we should do something now. Our current government is trying to do something about it, but is being blocked in the senate by a head in the sand opposition... aahh democracy, why would you use anyrhing else?

My big bugbear is the approach being used to 'reduce' emissions, ie put a tax on current power sources. Other than make it more expensive, how does this reduce anything??

I see very little information on who is spending what to make alternatives (solar / wind etc) cheaper than coal / oil - then there would be reductions

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 02:01
It is also up to individuals to do their part in reducing their impact on the planet and not just the politicians. As the demand for individuals providing their own solutions in their own communities rather then nation or continent wide grid structures then industry will change to meet the demand. This idea of taxing, increasing charges and giving credits to industry to justify the quantity of pollution they generate will do nothing to reduce the quantity. Basing targets 'per capita' is also not a solution to quantity as the population of the world is still increasing - more in some countries then others...

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The problem with emissions is they are attributed to the contry of origin. Australia has a huge burden partly because we make a lot of steel and aluminium.

Those metals are exported to manufacturers and then sold to end users where the pollution should rightly be attributed.

Chinese emissions would be quite low in this system because they export most of what they manufacture. Vast tracts of rainforest are being destroyed in Brazil to grow cattle destined for the mouths of obese westerners. Yet the culpability for the emissions is retained by Brazil.

Under this system the US would be an even bigger pariah than they appear now. Rightly so.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There's more to it than that, but of course YOU are not really interested in truth.

The truth is Josephine, that I am not the slightest bit interested in climate change. I save bottles and cans and that's it.

All the problems will occur long after I am dead. (If they occur at all)

Who can honestly say, hand on heart they really really care about climate change. Not many I'll bet, yet no doubt I will get chastised by the hypocritical yanks for admitting I care nothing.

Personally I think it's all a load of hot air by scientists and freaks who know nothing, but like to scare people and make a name for themselves.

Col

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
The truth is Josephine, that I am not the slightest bit interested in climate change. I save bottles and cans and that's it.

All the problems will occur long after I am dead. (If they occur at all)

Who can honestly say, hand on heart they really really care about climate change. Not many I'll bet, yet no doubt I will get chastised by the hypocritical yanks for admitting I care nothing.

Personally I think it's all a load of hot air by scientists and freaks who know nothing, but like to scare people and make a name for themselves.

Col

I somewhat agree with Col's statement...

I think Global Warming will happen whatever we do to prevent pollution, as it has done so many times before in the Earth's long history, long before man even roamed the earth and started polluting...

What will happen is that the Glaciers will melt, forcing loads of fresh water into the oceans which in turn will switch off the conveyers that bring warm currents up from the southern hemisphere equator to the north hemisphere which will then turn global warming on its head and plunge the north hemisphere into an ice field, until there is enough warmth and salt water in the ocean to agin turn the conveyers back on, and so the cycle continues... again as it has done many times before in Earth's history..

The only difference now is that Man's pollution is excellerating this effect, but it will happen anyway..

It also give the politicians the opportunity to tax its populace under a new heading that of Green Tax...

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 05:01
The problem in the USA with global warming is that the anarchist (libertarians) and right wingers use it as diversionary topic to keep people from discussing real envirometal issues.
I somewhat agree with Col's statement...

I think Global Warming will happen whatever we do to prevent pollution, as it has done so many times before in the Earth's long history, long before man even roamed the earth and started polluting...

What will happen is that the Glaciers will melt, forcing loads of fresh water into the oceans which in turn will switch off the conveyers that bring warm currents up from the southern hemisphere equator to the north hemisphere which will then turn global warming on its head and plunge the north hemisphere into an ice field, until there is enough warmth and salt water in the ocean to agin turn the conveyers back on, and so the cycle continues... again as it has done many times before in Earth's history..

The only difference now is that Man's pollution is excellerating this effect, but it will happen anyway..

It also give the politicians the opportunity to tax its populace under a new heading that of Green Tax...

The problem in the USA with global warming is that the anarchist (libertarians) and right wingers use it as diversionary topic to keep people from discussing real environmental issues.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
The problem in the USA with global warming is that the anarchist (libertarians) and right wingers use it as diversionary topic to keep people from discussing real envirometal issues.

The problem in the USA with global warming is that the anarchist (libertarians) and right wingers use it as diversionary topic to keep people from discussing real environmental issues.

There's an echo in here.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
LOL, have a good holiday in Houston, it was hot and humid last time I was there.

er actually the only time. :D

Brian

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
what about when man was created? before he was made, there was nothing!
Yes there was, maybe you should have been taught the real version of World history and not the American taught fairy tale

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 04:01
Yes there was, maybe you should have been taught the real version of World history and not the American taught fairy tale

i've never heard anyone call the Bible a fairy tale. Not even an English Moron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom