Copenhagen, the wash up (2 Viewers)

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 09:01
Yes there was, maybe you should have been taught the real version of World history and not the American taught fairy tale

Hey, how did religion get attributed to us Americans? From what I remember reading, Americans tried to flee from religion when they came over to the New World, but it snuck on one of the boats in the back somewhere.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:01
Hey, how did religion get attributed to us Americans? From what I remember reading, Americans tried to flee from religion when they came over to the New World, but it snuck on one of the boats in the back somewhere.

I thought that they were fleeing religious persecution , not religion.

Brian

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time

Religion is not exclusively your issue.. suppose I will get lamented now for referring to it as an Issue.. :rolleyes:.

Religion brings hope and joy to lots of people throughout the world, just don't use it as an excuse to divide people, and justify unnecassary deaths...

scott-atkinson

Local time
This thread started with no religious content or intent so how the hell did it end up this way, see that is the power of Religion if it is misused ..

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
It is a proven fact that a much higher percentage of Americans believe in the literal truth of the bible even where it contracts itself or gives an erroneous value for pi. The pilgrim fathers who came across in the Maflower were very religious people.

scott-atkinson

Local time
:confused:

You are going to put me down for stating the truth?

Brian

No, in fact I was going to compare a Canadian to a certain person to the south, as they explicitly do not like to be compared, there now I've said it... guess I'm not as big as I thought I was.. :rolleyes:

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:01
This thread started with no religious content or intent so how the hell did it end up this way, see that is the power of Religion if it is misused ..

It is a well known, scientific fact that any thread started here will always gravitate down to either politics, religion or America bashing

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Who was it that stated "The US is the most god fearing nation on Earth with the least amount of soul"?:confused:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
It is a well known, scientific fact that any thread started here will always gravitate down to either politics, religion or America bashing
That's because life revolves around both for some:eek:

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time

It was a natural for this thread since climate change seems to be a religion for the left wing white collars:)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
The pilgrims may have come across that way, but the forefathers of our nation certainly did not. There's too much evidence that suggests the first Presidents of the US did not believe in religion in a literal sense, but more as a guide to how to live your life. Somehow, most Americans have screwed it up along the way. Rather than using it as a moral guide, but not literally believing in god and heaven and hell, they've switched it around to where they insist they believe in god, but completely piss on the morals and rules they should follow according to the bible. There are no true Christians left in this world, just a bunch of judgemental (which of course the bible says not to do) morons who if they truly believed, would never do half of the things they do.

But I agree with Scott, most major wars have been religiously driven. Religion causes so much hatred between everyone. Just think, if it wasn't for religion, we would never have had the religious fanatic Muslims who attacked us on 9/11, causing this huge "war" on terror, making the rest of the world hate us. We would never have had the religious fanatic Christians who abuse children in Texas and live more like a Cult than a church with 13 year olds getting knocked up. We would all get along, even Col would like America... :D

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
But I agree with Scott, most major wars have been religiously driven. Religion causes so much hatred between everyone. Just think, if it wasn't for religion, we would never have had the religious fanatic Muslims who attacked us on 9/11, causing this huge "war" on terror, making the rest of the world hate us. We would never have had the religious fanatic Christians who abuse children in Texas and live more like a Cult than a church with 13 year olds getting knocked up. We would all get along, even Col would like America... :D

I don't think religion causes wars. Religion is only a by product of the culture that exists in a country or section of a country.

In the last 6 months I have spent a lot of time working with people in there mid 20s from Nepal, Bangladesh and Lebanon.

The Nepalese are Hindu and the Bangladeshis are all Muslim and they are exactly the same in attitude. Hardly suprising as they are from the same parts of the world. However, the Arab Lebanese are very different and in fact are much the same as the Christian Lebanese.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I don't think religion causes wars. Religion is only a by product of the culture that exists in a country or section of a country.

In the last 6 months I have spent a lot of time working with people in there mid 20s from Nepal, Bangladesh and Lebanon.

The Nepalese are Hindu and the Bangladeshis are all Muslim and they are exactly the same in attitude. Hardly suprising as they are from the same parts of the world. However, the Arab Lebanese are very different and in fact are much the same as the Christian Lebanese.

There's no doubt that people of mixed religion can survive and even thrive together on each other's ideas and beliefs. It's the religious fanatics that claim to do what they do in the name of their beliefs that cause death and war to spread. The entire Muslim terrorist camp are religious fanatics that claim to do what they do in the name of their religion. The man who walked into a church to shoot the abortionist did so in the name of his Christian religion. Religion causes people to do extreme things, which can and does cause war.

Adam Caramon

Local time
It is a proven fact that a much higher percentage of Americans believe in the literal truth of the bible even where it contracts itself or gives an erroneous value for pi. The pilgrim fathers who came across in the Maflower were very religious people.

Well, in the bible belt (south-east portion of USA), or very rural areas, I can see that. In the North, and most larger cities, I'd like to think we're smarter than that. Of all the religious people I know, only 1 of them believes in the literal truth of the bible. And she is a Bible study teacher so it kind of makes sense.

Personally, I think religion should be something that stays at home.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
There's no doubt that people of mixed religion can survive and even thrive together on each other's ideas and beliefs. It's the religious fanatics that claim to do what they do in the name of their beliefs that cause death and war to spread. The entire Muslim terrorist camp are religious fanatics that claim to do what they do in the name of their religion. The man who walked into a church to shoot the abortionist did so in the name of his Christian religion. Religion causes people to do extreme things, which can and does cause war.

But is it really the religion. I think it is more the type of person who becomes the extreme religious and if it was not religion it would be some other cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom