Copenhagen, the wash up (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 09:59
My involvement was to point out that the following statement was nonsense.

It remains nonsense.

Really Dan, because I've seen preaching and all manner of undesirable language from the atheist.

Must they kill someone before you are able to recognize religious behavior?

Last edited:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 06:59
I reread the post I quoted from you and did not find any of those errors. Perhaps as English is not my first language I have misunderstood some parts of what I quoted from you.
I hate it when someone quotes me and then I reread it, only to discover, much to my dismay, that it is riddled with spelling errors, grammatical faux pas, and omissions.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I reread the post I quoted from you and did not find any of those errors. Perhaps as English is not my first language I have misunderstood some parts of what I quoted from you.

See I can't even proof my own work.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Thales750 said:

So then you are saying that religious behavior is very much connected to killing people. That's what I have been trying to get you to see in this thread for a long time.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
So then you are saying that religious behavior is very much connected to killing people. That's what I have been trying to get you to see in this thread for a long time.

I'm saying this is insane.

It is really difficult to participate in debates where the only objective is to be obtuse.

Remain ignorant if it serves you.

Adam Caramon

Local time
It is really difficult to participate in debates where the only objective is to be obtuse.

Usually in debates people carefully pick the words that they use. Perhaps you're not doing that? Perhaps you're going off of emotion and thus saying things that you do not intend to. I'm not sure.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Usually in debates people carefully pick the words that they use. Perhaps you're not doing that? Perhaps you're going off of emotion and thus saying things that you do not intend to. I'm not sure.

I have no emotion attached to any of this. I seriously don't care if the atheist can or can't see how fundamentalist their behavior is.
Truly the only frustration is that it is universal, people are just not very bright.
But as I always said in the construction business, if everyone was a genius, it would be a very competitive world.

I watch you guys say things that are blatantly fundamentalist.

And you deny.

Then you act like "superior" debate techniques can turn a red straw green.

It blows me away the level of insanity that is associated with that.

Last edited:

Adam Caramon

Local time
I have no emotion attached to any of this. I seriously don't care if the atheist can or can't see how fundamentalist their behavior is.

But isn't that the point of debate? You assert a point/theory and then try to prove it. So if you don't care, why are you in this debate? Secondly, I've noticed several spelling/grammar errors in your posts, and I think you even called attention to them as well. Usually this is due to typing quickly and submitting without reading over your post. That usually indicates an emotional reaction.

Truly the only frustration is that it is universal, people are just not very bright.
But as I always said in the construction business, if everyone was a genius, it would be a very competitive world.

I watch you guys say things that are blatantly fundamentalist.

And you deny.

This is clearly fueled by anger.

What did someone say that was 'blatantly fundamentalist' that they denied was so?

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
But isn't that the point of debate? You assert a point/theory and then try to prove it. So if you don't care, why are you in this debate? Secondly, I've noticed several spelling/grammar errors in your posts, and I think you even called attention to them as well. Usually this is due to typing quickly and submitting without reading over your post. That usually indicates an emotional reaction.

This is clearly fueled by anger.

What did someone say that was 'blatantly fundamentalist' that they denied was so?[/font]

No anger brother, only annoyance at myself for hoping.
But don’t worry I haven’t lost the faith.

I'm done with this one.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:59

This is the criteria that you've set yourself by talking of the Mafia and animal activists.

You're arguing against your own point.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
No anger brother, only annoyance at myself for hoping.
But don’t worry I haven’t lost the faith.

I'm done with this one.
Jessie, you're just being a right Jessie:rolleyes:

Local time
Today, 08:59
Not to burst anybody's bubbles but back on topic here.

I was just kind of wondering why it is so unseasonably cold, seemingly throughout the world.

The obvious answer wasn't good enough for me so I tried finding explanations that would still allow for global warming.

Seems there some phenomenon causing all this cold weather (some kind of oscillation) where all the cold arctic ice is melting, causing colder than normal seawater temperatures which temporarily causes the unseasonably cold weather.

Anybody interested in this or do you want to bicker about religion and semantics?

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Apparently the local weather and climate change are not linked:eek:
The weather patterns are similar every thirty years or so:confused:

Local time
I'm lead to believe they are VERY linked. That the global warming actually causes periods of worse than expected cold. Anybody believe/disbelieve that and why?

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
We're told that the weather here isn't as cold as it was in the sixties because the planet's warmed up and these weather cycles just occur every thirty years or so anyway:confused:

Local time
Ok, cool. So, is that explanation enough to you to modify your life patterns to "go green", by decree if necessary? Does it satisfy you enough that you're willing to accept whatever the UN or council or whoever decides is best for you, including potentially more costs to you?

Does it bother you that some scientists are global warming fanatics and that (seemingly) just as many other scientists are global warming skeptics? How do you use that information to justify the changes that governments are wanting to impose on you?

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:59
Not to burst anybody's bubbles but back on topic here.

I was just kind of wondering why it is so unseasonably cold, seemingly throughout the world.

The obvious answer wasn't good enough for me so I tried finding explanations that would still allow for global warming.

Seems there some phenomenon causing all this cold weather (some kind of oscillation) where all the cold arctic ice is melting, causing colder than normal seawater temperatures which temporarily causes the unseasonably cold weather.

Anybody interested in this or do you want to bicker about religion and semantics?

It's bloody hot in our neck of the woods

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, cool. So, is that explanation enough to you to modify your life patterns to "go green", by decree if necessary? Does it satisfy you enough that you're willing to accept whatever the UN or council or whoever decides is best for you, including potentially more costs to you?

Does it bother you that some scientists are global warming fanatics and that (seemingly) just as many other scientists are global warming skeptics? How do you use that information to justify the changes that governments are wanting to impose on you?

I re-cycle cardboard etc., but mainly because the local council have made it easier by providing separate bins, I collect rainwater for cleaning the van etc., but only because water is so expensive in this part of the world, I can't cut down on fuel usage because of the nature of my work, consumption has actually increased during the recent cold snap. Not just that but with the introduction of "energy efficient" appliances their unreliability has made extra servicing requirements increase but what the hell would the experts and those who sell them know about reality:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom