Copenhagen, the wash up (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 17:16
We have on the UK a TV show called Celebrity Big Brother and one of the contestants is Stephen Baldwin, a Born Again Christian, I personally think he is a very nice guy, he is funny, can articulate himself well, and has a good personality.

Each day he is allowed a personal Bible reading for an hour, but instead uses this time to read the bible to the other contestants in the house and preaching to them how what he has read relates to their lives and what they are doing wrong.

At this point this person turns into a complete dick, and doesn't give a damn if the people want to listen or not, as your gonna listen anyway, and be damned if you don't.

That is the power of religion if miss-used..

If you have faith, great, but keep it to your self, make it your personal pleasure, dont try to force it onto anyone else..

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I think you will find that drinkers, kill my thousands of times the numbers than "Religious" fanatics do.
What evidence do you have to support that claim?

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I think you will find that drinkers, kill my thousands of times the numbers than "Religious" fanatics do.

Drinkers do not believe that murder is fundamentally ethically justified. Only the psychotic ones do.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 12:16
Saying that it is ok for even one person to die in the name of religion compared to the masses is wrong, one death is one death too many.

I am not condeming religion in any form, as I said it brings hope to lots of people, what I am condeming is using religion as an excuse to persuade and coerce others into actions.

And the main reason for this is the number of faiths there is, if we hade just one faith one religion one way of worshipping a deity we would not have these problems as we would all be on the same mission..

Well now finally a discussion.

The soldiers of the now, mostly extinct, Klan were “led” into immoral acts by people that were multiplying their power.

The same apples to the Catholic Church of olden times. But it wasn’t the local friar; it was the political Vatican in Rome

The masses, and in particular, young men are susceptible to brain washing of any kind. All you have to do is convince them that they are being held down by one group or another.
Evil religious leader are just capitalizing on the fact that they have a group to “convert”

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Drinkers do not believe that murder is fundamentally ethically justified. Only the psychotic ones do.

Ok, but they still manage to kill quite a large number of their wives.
I'm sure it must be some consolation to the loved ones left behind that the “no-count bastard” she married didn't believe he would get 72 virgins for the act of removing their daughter from this earth.

Killing is killing.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
The same apples to the Catholic Church of olden times. But it wasn’t the local friar; it was the political Vatican in Rome
Who the hell is it today then and in recent history that's covered up all the abuse of young boys, oops silly me, that might be offensive to some posters here:rolleyes:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Who the hell is it today then and in recent history that's covered up all the abuse of young boys, oops silly me, that might be offensive to some posters here:rolleyes:

It shows a fundamental lack of intelligence to extrapolate a behavior of a small group to a larger one.

Lucky for American minorities that they live here instead of Britain.

No wait, most British people are actually smart. So it must just be you.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
It shows a fundamental lack of intelligence to extrapolate a behavior of a small group to a larger one.

Lucky for American minorities that they live here instead of Britain.

No wait, most British people are actually smart. So it must just be you.
How small do you claim this group to be and why after praying to god before taking part in a war that condemmed countless thousandsss to their deaths did Bliar feel the need to join the Catholic church?:rolleyes:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
How small do you claim this group to be and why after praying to god before taking part in a war that condemmed countless thousandsss to their deaths did Bliar feel the need to join the Catholic church?:rolleyes:

There are over a billion (1,000,000,000) Catholics.

Do your own math.

And while you’re at it, look up innumeracy. It is one of your biggest problems.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time

Maybe he joined the way to protect his people. Blah, blah blah , broken record as usual.

Have you had an original thought in the last 50 years?

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 09:16
It is amazing how many alcohol related and tobacco related deaths there are per year and none of the western governments treat this as a disease or a major health problem. They seem quite content to allow the citizens to continue the self destructive addictions as long as they make some tax profit and big businesses get their cut.
Sad that the higher social classes can not help out the lesser ones to break their tobacco and alcohol addictions.

Let's see there are almost 4 billion Muslems and Christians, so your saying that they have a higher kill rate than others.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, but they still manage to kill quite a large number of their wives.
I'm sure it must be some consolation to the loved ones left behind that the “no-count bastard” she married didn't believe he would get 72 virgins for the act of removing their daughter from this earth.

Killing is killing.

You're still failing to equate how atheism is the motivating force behind these non-religious based deaths. Your drunken husband killed his wife because he was a 'no-count' not because he was motivated by his non-subscription to a faith.

Your argument is totally ungrounded.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
It is amazing how many alcohol related and tobacco related deaths there are per year and none of the western governments treat this as a disease or a major health problem. They seem quite content to allow the citizens to continue the self destructive addictions as long as they make some tax profit and big businesses get their cut.
Sad that the higher social classes can not help out the lesser ones to break their tobacco and alcohol addictions.

I hate it when someone quotes me and then I reread it, only to discover, much to my dismay, that it is riddled with spelling errors, grammatical faux pas, and omissions.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
You're still failing to equate how atheism is the motivating force behind these non-religious based deaths. Your drunken husband killed his wife because he was a 'no-count' not because he was motivated by his non-subscription to a faith.

Your argument is totally ungrounded.

I am not trying to. People kill, end of story.
Blaming it on religion is short sighted.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I am not trying to. People kill, end of story.
Blaming it on religion is short sighted.

It really isn't.

There are fundamental parts to religion that rationalize murder.

Abraham and Isaac is the classic example.

If you believe you have been told by a higher ethical authority to kill some-one, then it is justified. The story of the sacrificing of Isaac is a clear demonstration of this.

It is the base principle that religion uses to convince the susceptible that killing is morally sound.

Atheism has no such leverage.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
It really isn't.

There are fundamental parts to religion that rationalize murder.

Abraham and Isaac is the classic example.

If you believe you have been told by a higher ethical authority to kill some-one, then it is justified. The story of the sacrificing of Isaac is a clear demonstration of this.

It is the base principle that religion uses to convince the susceptible that killing is morally sound.

Atheism has no such leverage.

I'm sorry Dan, but I am not at all interested in debating the historical cause of death and destruction.
My involvement in this discussion was merely to point out the hypocrisy of claiming a higher moral ground by the atheist.
And they proved me right by becoming so indignant.

Religion is a tool available to evil folks, in the same way that money and drugs are.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Well now finally a discussion.

The soldiers of the now, mostly extinct, Klan were “led” into immoral acts by people that were multiplying their power.

The masses, and in particular, young men are susceptible to brain washing of any kind. All you have to do is convince them that they are being held down by one group or another.
Evil religious leader are just capitalizing on the fact that they have a group to “convert”

I absolutely agree with this statement, a few rotten apples.. ;)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
My involvement in this discussion was merely to point out the hypocrisy of claiming a higher moral ground by the atheist.

My involvement was to point out that the following statement was nonsense.

Many of the discussion on this very forum involve atheist that mimic the behavior of the most fundamentalist religious fanatics.

It remains nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom