Data Shows In Preview But Won't Print (1 Viewer)

themurph2000

Fat, drunk, and stupid
Local time
Today, 07:03
I have a very weird one for anybody who wants to tackle it. I've been trying to create a roster for our production lines which will print X number of extra blank lines once all associates assigned to a line are listed, up to 20. I adapted Microsoft's "How to Print a Constant Number of Lines Per Group" to the report. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210350)

The data shows up just fine in Print Preview but disappears when the actual printout is made. (I did try several printers, all generating the same results.) Anybody want to take a guess on that one? The =Count(*) works properly, but I don't understand why it doesn't crap out BEFORE it gets to Print Preview.

Thanks

EddyJawed

Local time
Today, 13:03
I think the reason why its not appearing on the printout in the end is because the query feeding into the report might be taking too long to run. Alternatively if its being a real pain in the a***, as report preview function is access is known to be buggy, the best thing you can do is save the report as a snapshot file on your local drive first in some temporary folder, and then get vba to open it from there. Snapshot viewer may need to be instaleld on the PC that tries to view the report, but atleast you won;t have any of these issues.

Use something like:

DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "RptName", acFormatSNP, strPath & strRepName

To save the report to a directory somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom