Database won't open on other network computers (1 Viewer)

akb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:53
I created an Access database - only myself and one other computer in our network can open the database. When other users open the database, Access opens to a blank screen. Within the database I have a number of tables and queries setup. Do you know what would cause this to happen? Is it a setting of some sort?

Thank you!
Ashley

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 13:53
is it a single , or split db? It needs to be split
were all users able to see before?
Do they all have Full Access app or runtime?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 10:53
Also, network users need read AND write permissions on any folder they connect to, so if your BE is on a network share, users need write permissions to that folder.

akb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:53
It is a single database, and I'm not sure if other users were able to see it before. For the last few months only myself and the other user needed to access it. Now I need another person to access it as well, but they cannot. The users have Access runtime and they are able to access other databases that I've created which are in the same folder. Which is why I thought I may have done something wrong on this specific database. Users do have read and write permissions.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:53
Also make sure you have a startup form set up either in File/Options or via autoexec macro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom