Display Form (1 Viewer)

ListO

Señor Member
Local time
Today, 11:23
I'm trying to design a form which simply displays data from a select query in a continuous form format. I would like to have the user scroll through the records with the up-down arrow keys, and I'll possibly even program some jump-to-start/end keys. I have turned off the navigation buttons, but kept the record selectors showing, and all of the controls in the detail area are disabled.

In the header of the form are a couple of buttons which will open a data-entry form, quit, etc.

THE PROBLEM IS that when the form opens, the focus goes to one of the buttons in the header, and the only way that I can see to get the focus to the record selectors so that the arrow keys scroll up and down is to click with the mouse on the record selector, which is dopey. Additionally, when a right- or left- arrow is pressed, the focus once again goes to the enabled buttons in the header, and will not leave without a mouse click in the record selector of the detail section.

Is there a way to get the focus into the detail and keep it there?

mikec

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:23
The first thing I would try would be to set the Tab Stop property (found on the 'Other' tab of the Properties box) on all of the header controls to No.

You may have a problem though with all of the detail controls being set to disabled. You may want to set one of these controls to enabled, but locked. You could then modify the visual properties of the one enabled control so that it looks disabled.

The result should be that the focus will move to the only control that is enabled - which is in the detail secion, but it will be locked so the user can't edit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom