Does anyone know good courses to take to learn programming and DB development? (1 Viewer)

cwats

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:44
Hey,

I am trying to prepare myself for my new IT position at my brother in law's business. Does anyone know good courses or boot camps to help prepare me for the job?

I have had some success creating a small DB for his business and have been hired on for the IT department. There currently is no IT department so I would be the head guy and I want to be a good one.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
What would you be doing? What jobs would you be involved? Based on those, we could help you find a good learning direction to take.

cwats

Registered User.
Local time
I would be building a full ERP system to begin with and then maintaining it in the future with patches and a updates. I will definitely have to learn how to code and all that.

I'm not too sure outside of that because I have never been involved with IT before.

cwats

Registered User.
Local time
theDBguy,

I will be developing MS Access based programs and working with excel. I am going to learn python and other programming languages so i can make apps for the business as well.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
theDBguy,

I will be developing MS Access based programs and working with excel. I am going to learn python and other programming languages so i can make apps for the business as well.
Hi. If this is for a business, you might skip Access and learn SQL Server or MySQL instead. "apps" rarely use Access for a database.

cwats

Registered User.
Local time
theDBguy

Thats what i was looking for. Thank you for your advise! I have some SQL Knowledge behind me but it was from watching youtube videos. Is there a good place online or class room to sign up for a comprehensive course on SQL?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. I would say check your local community college for something quick. Otherwise, there's plenty of online classes you could try.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
One of the first items on your plate should be finding out what tasks will be automated and if there are existing solutions that meet your needs. This can be very important the moment "Tax" is considered from a purchase/sales/pay perspective.

If you are selling an item, expect to have to track tax.
If you have an employee, expect to have to track tax.
If you have an expense related to your business, expect to have to track it for tax.

Often a professional product already knows how to deal with these without your company getting in trouble.

Fstetson

Local time
Try Udemy online courses....Bruce Myron provides some really great courses

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom