Error 3101 (1 Viewer)

cwats

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:34
Hi,

I have a problem with a database i have been working on for the past couple weeks. My main goal is to add 5 sub forms to a main form. The sub forms are continuous. i am able to add two sub forms to main form but when i add any more i get an error message."The microsoft access database engine cannot find a record in the table with key matching field". I have looked at everything and cannot find the problem table or field. Any help on this would be appreciated.

View attachment Screenshot (4).zip

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:34
Are the subforms based on tables which have a matching record in the main form?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:34
actually, your error message is telling you what table and what field.

According to your relationships diagram you have 7 tables that connect to that field, all with referential integrity enforced. Which means at least one of those tables contains orphan records which breaches the integrity.

To identify them, for each table write an unmatched query to find ProductID's in that table that are not in your toplevel table.

How this has happened is difficult to say. It may be due to corruption or some action you have taken which has somehow bypassed the integrity check.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 08:34
check your subform's recordsource.
is it a query, does it has Product_ID, which is the linking field to the main form, in the query.

cwats

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:34
I was able to determine what the issue was with the help of mike60samrt and all of you! thank you very much for your information.

mike60samrt helped by looking at the db and figured out that the subforms i had were corrupt. I remade them and they work as intended now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom