Error issue (1 Viewer)

stu_c

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:04
Hi all
I seem to be getting this issue again, but seems to be very intermittent, sometimes showing other times not which is a bit of a pain,
If I copy + paste to make a copy of the database seems to work again for a while then appears again, any suggestions on where to look
I have looked in HRDetails and MedicalDetails and both fields appear to be there?

If first pops up when you start typing into a field you click okay, and then when you click out of the text back it comes up again click ok it goes but yet all the details appear to save correctly, if only seems to happen when typing in a text box on a new record

there is a sub form within the main form

Attachments

• Error1.png
    Error1.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

ebs17

Local time
Today, 11:04
If I copy + paste to make a copy of the database ...
It will be extremely unusual for you, but nobody looks over your shoulder and watches your actions.
Your description by itself is meaningless. Improve significantly.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That message seems to indicate you are trying to match a value to a string rather than the underlying value for that string. Would that make sense?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:04
Please show the table designs with field type involved and the link info for form and subform.

stu_c

Registered User.
Local time
I think I have finally cracked it!, the sub form was creating a record on load before the main form has even created a ref number, and then conflicting, I had a field set to "NULL" on load which forced a creation of a record weirdly

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:04
Which therefore means you were tangled up with a relational integrity (RI) issue. You always have to create parent/child records parent-first when dealing with RI. But on the whole, RI is your friend because it prevents you from making certain types of mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom