Exclusive Access error (1 Viewer)

Ilovexfiles

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:36
Hi all
I have a split Access Database.

The users are using the front end for data entry via forms only (they do not have access to the tables themselves).

When on it at the same time, the error "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed with changes, you may not be able to save them later."

I keep clicking OK several times it eventually opens the form and I am able to enter data, and it saves fine.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this error message?

Thanks!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:36
sounds like although you have split the database, everyone is using the same front end file. If so, that way lies corruption. Everyone should have their own copy of the front end located on their machine.

Ilovexfiles

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, currently there one front end on a shared drive. What do you mean by having them use their own copy?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:36
currently there one front end on a shared drive
that is why you are having the problem
What do you mean by having them use their own copy?
exactly what it says - each user should have their own copy of the front end on their own machine and run that copy - not the one on the network

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:36
The first post stated that the database is split. If you're not clear on how and why (or if, in this case) splitting is done, Albert Kallal has a great webpage in clear language about the topic:

http://kallal.ca/Articles/split/index.htm

Make sure that no two users are accessing the application. The application should reside on the user's own PC.

Hopefully this will shed some light.

Ilovexfiles

Registered User.
Local time
that is why you are having the problem
exactly what it says - each user should have their own copy of the front end on their own machine and run that copy - not the one on the network

Made the copies! Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom