extra white space (1 Viewer)

DBrodin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:07
I am having trouble printing a report. It is adding extra white space to the bottom, which results in 3 blank labels being printed for each real one. There are multiple threads on this type of issue, but none of the suggestions seem to apply/help. I've deleted the header/footer, removed slide controls, played with the "can grow" & "can shrink" settings, but nothing gets rid of the white space below the detail section that the printer is printing. :banghead:

Attachments

• Design View.PNG
    Design View.PNG
    36.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Layout view.PNG
    Layout view.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Print preview.PNG
    Print preview.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 99

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:07
Have you tried to create a new one from scratch?

DBrodin

Registered User.
Local time
A new report with the detail set to the same dimensions, the header/footer removed, and one small field added does the same thing.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

DBrodin

Registered User.
Local time
After going through half a bottle of aspirin from banging my head I solved this. It was a paper size selection issue. I am using a Brothers QL-1060N roll printer. I have 2 3/7" tape, so my paper options where;

2 3/7"
2 3/7" x 4"
2 3/7" x 4

I have no idea what is different between the 2nd & 3rd selections. I wanted a 2 3/7 x 4 label, so I selected the the 2nd. That gives me the extra white space. The 3rd previews correctly, but gives a media size error when I try to print. the 1st works correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom