LOL
:D

Brian

I got a little chuckle out of that one as well...:p :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:37
Hi Ken, since this is a happy little thread and I know you are family orientated let me tell you a little story
else skip the rest:D

About 30 years ago when my eldest daughter was about 6, and just for the record with a head of thick red hair, something to do with the wine drunk on are honeymoon I guess:) , anyway I had been working in our loft space and because it was very dusty was wearing a coverall but forgot to put on a woolly hat and needless to say got dirt on my head. Coming down in a bit of a foul mood I complained that I was off to wash my hair. Quick as a flash my daughter asked "Which one dad?" By the time I'd caught her and tickled and hugged her the mood was gone.

Kids are great, sometimes its a pity they grow up.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 09:37
Brianwarnock said:
Hi Ken, since this is a happy little thread and I know you are family orientated let me tell you a little story

About 30 years ago when my eldest daughter was about 6, and just for the record with a head of thick red hair, something to do with the wine drunk on are honeymoon I guess:) , anyway I had been working in our loft space and because it was very dusty was wearing a coverall but forgot to put on a woolly hat and needless to say got dirt on my head. Coming down in a bit of a foul mood I complained that I was off to wash my hair. Quick as a flash my daughter asked "Which one dad?" By the time I'd caught her and tickled and hugged her the mood was gone.

Kids are great, sometimes its a pity they grow up.

Brian

Cute story - You still remember it 'till today :)

I just put my 19 year daughter on a plane to DC for a weekend trip - First time she'd ever done it all on her own. Dropped her off and picked her up - I know 19 - whats the big deal :( :eek:

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:

Kids are great, sometimes its a pity they grow up.Brian

Was it the kids or Access that made you pull the rest of them out?:confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
rak said:
I looked at Virginia from here ( Dutch Mountains ) and figured that you are here , Joe. ;)

You're within 15 miles (24 kilometers) but I hesitate to post a map to my front door.

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Okay, last I checked we weren't discussing education systems in this thread. :mad: I think it's pretty clear that both education systems suck since everyone on this forum seems to have ADHD and can't stay on topic for more than a couple pages.

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 23:07
jsanders said:
to our Australian and far Eastern, good tomorrow.
And good yesterday to you! :D
It's 11:53am and we're heading for 33C last I heard (not that I notice in my airconditioned place of employment).
A big improvement over the weekend's 39C!

Last edited:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
KenHigg said:
I just put my 19 year daughter on a plane to DC for a weekend trip - First time she'd ever done it all on her own. Dropped her off and picked her up - I know 19 - whats the big deal :( :eek:

Had to dash last night so missed this. I take it you did it willingly,. After they have come through the rebellious teens daughters want you there for them, to do things and worry, it can be a pain at times but since the greatest pleasure in life is to be needed, it makes daughters a real joy.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Vassago said:
Okay, last I checked we weren't discussing education systems in this thread. :mad: I think it's pretty clear that both education systems suck since everyone on this forum seems to have ADHD and can't stay on topic for more than a couple pages.

LOL

Brian

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
Vassago said:

Just need to pick that prime time between teens and thirty (i.e. the age group I so conveniently fall into! hee hee hee :D )

See http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=542883#post542883

('tis all in good nature - please don't hurt me)

statsman

Local time
Its a lovely Tuesday morning in Toronto. A little overcast with a chance of showers.
Temperatures for the past few days have been in the double digets Celsius (50's F). Normally for late Nov. it should be in single numbers.
Looks like we're having our last "heat wave" of the year. Folks out golfing on the weekend.
Supposed to cool down to normal by the end of the week. I'll enjoy it while I can.

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
statsman said:
Its a lovely Tuesday morning in Toronto. A little overcast

A little overcast? Does that include the fog that's so heavy I can't see the ground from the office window? :D

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 08:37
Well we're finally getting our first snow that's going to stick around. It was getting down to -20C overnight but we'll be up to a balmy high of -2C today with 20cm of snow. Every year I know it's coming, but it always depresses me. :(

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
Matty said:
Well we're finally getting our first snow that's going to stick around. It was getting down to -20C overnight but we'll be up to a balmy high of -2C today with 20cm of snow. Every year I know it's coming, but it always depresses me. :(

I think Toronto's got 17 degrees forecast for later this week, so you have my sympathy. I doubt we'll get the ridiculous minus figures for a while, yet.

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 08:37
Well last week we hit a record high of 12, but then that night it went to -12 and we've been in a deep freeze since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom