gradient background (1 Viewer)

slimjen1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:14
All, using 2010. I want to create or find a gradient background for use in my access database. I am having no luck. I can't find any effect tools in Access. Anyone have any suggestions?

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:14
Access seems only to have solid colors as backgrounds but I played with the idea of using an image as a background and it might work. The attached database has a form with an image I got off the Internet just by googling gradient. As you can see from the form you can put your controls on top of the image. I guess you would want to anchor the image to the sides of the form which I haven't tried, but seems possible.

If you change the Size Mode of the image to Stretch you can get it to fill out the entire form

Attachments

• Gradient.accdb
    372 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:14
a gradient image is the way to go - you can set the form background in form properties (on the format tab) to an image.

There are plenty of free tools out there you create your own images - even use Word or Excel to create the gradient and take a screenshot of it - or use the button in Access per the next paragraph.

Within Access, options are limited. The only control where you can apply gradients is a button which you could use as a background (send to back and locked and sized to fit the form) but probably not a good idea - better to make a temporary big one, get your gradient design and screenshot it

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:14
I was looking in the details properties and didn't think to check the forms properties. Thanks,CJ_London for clarifying this,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom