Has America Imploded? (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:11
Has America imploded?
Throwing mud at Biden and/or Trump as to which one is more evil seems to miss why America is imploding. The Democratic party is the threat to Democracy. The Democrats, in coordination with the media, big tech, and possible other unknowns are conspiring to suppress free speech. The Democrats have resurrected McCarthyism, anyone in opposition to the religious fanaticism of the Democrats is an apostate to be crucified. The Democrats have reignited racism, push "identity politics", push "wokeism" push "cancel culture", political speech is being criminalized, and are attempting to redefine US history through efforts such as the 1619 project. AOC is "exploring" an enemy's list and a possibly creating federal agency to supposedly "fact-check". The world of Orwell's "1984" is emerging. Seems that greater recognition of this implosion could be recognized.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Looks like there's trouble brewing in trumpworld.

When he emerged on camera a short while later, tail tucked between his legs, to condemn the rioters whom he himself had incited, and to call for a peaceful transfer of power to President-elect Joe Biden, his base felt betrayed.

“So he basically just sold out the patriots who got rounded up for him,” one person wrote in a 15,000-member pro-Trump Telegram group. “Just wow.”
In online havens for MAGA extremists, including Gab, CloutHub, MeWe, Telegram and far-right message boards such as 8kun, the tone toward Trump is shifting. HuffPost reviewed thousands of messages across these platforms and found that a growing minority of the president’s once-devout backers are now denouncing him and rejecting his recent pleas for peace. Some have called for his arrest or execution, labeling him a “traitor” and a “coward.” Alarmingly, many of those who are irate about Biden’s supposed electoral theft are still plotting to forcibly prevent him from taking office — with or without Trump’s help.
“We don’t follow you,” another Telegram user wrote, addressing Trump, after the president put out his video urging calm and order. “Be quiet and get out of our way.”

It has become apparent that now — after his mass radicalization campaign of voter-fraud disinformation and conspiracy-mongering — even Trump can’t stop the dangerous delusion he’s instilled across the country, or the next wave of violence it may soon bring.
Federal authorities are urgently warning of armed protests being planned in all 50 state capitals in the days leading up to Biden’s inauguration. Politically motivated extremists “will very likely pose the greatest domestic terrorism threats in 2021,” according to a new joint intelligence bulletin from the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and National Counterterrorism Center. The document, first obtained by Yahoo News, attributes this threat to “false narratives” that Biden’s victory “was illegitimate, or fraudulent,” and the subsequent belief that the election results “should be contested or unrecognized.”

While this has hindered their ability to spread propaganda and enlist new recruits, their new social channels are subject to less scrutiny and have already exploded in reach. CloutHub, MeWe and Telegram shot to the top of the charts of popular free apps on the App Store and Google Play Store in the wake of the siege. Gab has also reported a massive surge in new users, with about 10,000 people signing up every hour.
In these spaces, HuffPost has observed calls to “burn down” the Capitol, launch “an armed revolt,” “pop some libtards” and “TAKE THIS COUNTRY BACK WHATEVER IT TAKES!!” Some posts are more specific: “Civil War is here. Group up locally. Take out the News stations,” one person declared. “LET’S HANG THEM ALL,” another implored. “LET’S FINISH THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.”
The Boogaloo Bois, a far-right militia organizing to foment civil war, is capitalizing on the unrest to issue online a renewed call to arms. The FBI has warned specifically of potential Boogaloo violence during planned rallies at state Capitol buildings in Michigan and Minnesota on Sunday.
“Theres a war coming, and cowering in your home [while] real patriots march with rifles ... will make you a traitor,” commented a member of an encrypted Boogaloo chat.

It seems that even the Proud Boys are losing faith in Trump: A Telegram channel run by the group reposted a message with Trump’s video along with the text “The Betrayal of Trumpist base by Trump himself continues.”
Many in Trump's base feel abandoned and betrayed by his condemnation of the Capitol rioters.

So to see his “America First” army suddenly begin to turn on him is truly remarkable. It’s happening broadly among his supporters, and even among the far-right extremist communities that have flourished online during Trump’s presidency.
Among the recent messages excoriating Trump in dedicated pro-Trump networks: “tbh I hope they hang Trump at this point”; “He deserves what’s coming to him”; “he is literally done he will die in jail”; “Seriously hoping they’ll lock him up or lynch [him]”; “Guy is the biggest cuck ever at this point”; “Can’t wait til the left locks up his bitch ass. Rot in prison.” Several people have proclaimed that at this point, Trump can only redeem himself by declaring martial law to maintain power by force.

With so much at stake and no sane hope of clinging to power, it’s now in the president’s best interest for his base to avoid further violence, which could increase his chances of conviction. But the reality is that the monster Trump created doesn’t need him anymore.
“He can promise and call for peace all he likes,” one Gab user wrote. “Won’t make a blind bit of difference.”

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Your a partisan trying to walk the fence, what's hard to understand?
Because I don't like Trump? I'm partisan against him, that's for sure. I don't like Biden either and didn't vote for him. There just aren't Biden worshippers like there are Trump, especially on this forum. I know it's hard for Trump Supporters to believe people can not be Democrat and not like Trump, but it's true! There are even groups of Republicans that don't like him. You could learn a lot from people in that group if you didn't worship Trump.

In fact, I was a registered Republican until about a decade ago. Now I'm firmly independent and voted for plenty of Republicans in this last election.

Trump Supporters can be so dense with putting everyone in one bucket. "If you don't like Trump, you must be a libtard!" Is that the thought. How ignorant.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:11
I can only go by your previous statements. You seem to hate them both but you hate Trump more. No?

Vassago

Local time
I wouldn't say that. I would say I haven't fully formed an opinion of Biden yet because he hasn't been President yet. I didn't have a notion of how awful Trump would be until his presidency either.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I wouldn't say that. I would say I haven't fully formed an opinion of Biden yet because he hasn't been President yet. I didn't have a notion of how awful Trump would be until his presidency either.
Biden was in on setting-up Trump with the Russian collusion hoax. That was four years ago. During Biden's campaign for President, the press gave him glowing reviews and failed to ask him tough questions. The fawning press and big tech even went as far as suppressing stories that would be negative for Biden, such as the Hunter Biden story. The media was blatantly biased for Biden. That was wrong and gave Biden an unfair advantage. So how can any voter actually have a fully formed opinion based on neutral facts by an unbiased media?

Biden sanctimoniously called for healing/unity and finding the soul America. Biden has not spoken-up to put an end to the hate filled divisive Trump lynching being conducted by crazed Pelosi. By failing to speak-up, Biden is not demonstrating leadership and is dismissing the approximate 74 million people who voted for Trump. In the spirit of healing and unity, Biden should be saying it is time to move-on and forget Trump and direct our efforts to putting and end to Covid-19 and fixing the economy. Biden said he would represent all people in the US. Clearly he is not. Bidding is not starting out well.

Last edited:

Vassago

Local time
Biden was in on setting-up Trump with the Russian collusion hoax. That was four years ago. During Biden's campaign for President, the press gave him glowing reviews and failed to ask him tough questions. The fawning press and big tech even went as far as suppressing stories that would be negative for Biden, such as the Hunter Biden story. The media was blatantly biased for Biden. That was wrong and gave Biden an unfair advantage. So how can any voter actually have a fully formed opinion based on neutral facts by an unbiased media?

Biden sanctimoniously called for healing/unity and finding the soul America. Biden has not spoken-up to put an end to the hate filled divisive Trump lynching being conducted by crazed Pelosi. By failing to speak-up, Biden is not demonstrating leadership and is dismissing the approximate 74 million people who voted for Trump. In the spirit of healing and unity, Biden should be saying it is time to move-on and forget Trump and direct our efforts to putting and end to Covid-19 and fixing the economy. Biden said he would represent all people in the US. Clearly he is not. Bidding is not starting out well.
You're like a shining example of my point a few posts about what causes this division.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:11
Trump and Biden doing the same horrible actions makes both actions bad. It doesn't excuse one or the other. It doesn't make the action from either party right. That can BOTH be wrong.
I am sure you believe in equal justice though. And that is the issue.

It is not just the Democrats with their two tier justice system, it is also Twitter who bans tweets or accounts for saying the election was stolen by the Dems, while allowing people like Nancy Pelosi from saying the same thing on Twitter. If they ban the tweets from one side saying the election was stolen, don't you also think they should ban Pelosi's tweet too?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Not a difficult find. Its all over the right wing media, again about whataboutism.
Whataboutism is whataboutism itself, avoiding the points being made. Don't you think precedent matters? Either you believe in equal justice or you don't, not one rule for the Dems and another for Republicans.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I am sure you believe in equal justice though. And that is the issue.

It is not just the Democrats with their two tier justice system, it is also Twitter who bans tweets or accounts for saying the election was stolen by the Dems, while allowing people like Nancy Pelosi from saying the same thing. If they ban the tweets from one side saying the election was stolen, don't you also think they should ban Pelosi's tweet too?
They didn't ban the tweets for saying the election was stolen. They were attaching labels that the information was disputed or false. The bans were the result of the rising threat of violence rumunating from his supporters thats his tweets were inflaming. How'd that work out?

Pelosi's tweet was from 2017. She does not have a large following of militia groups and hasn't yet incited an insurrection.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
They were attaching labels that the information was disputed or false.
I think I understand what you are saying. You believe Peloski's tweet that the election was hijacked was true and therefore did not require labelling, is that correct?

Vassago

Local time
She made one tweet. She didn't repeat it like a mantra and war cry. Still, her tweet was just as redundant and damaging to the election system.

But here we go again with the "but, this person did this too" cry. And again, they can both be won't.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think you might be a little off-base. She has incited hatred towards Trump and his followers day after day, year after year. And she is full of hypocrisy. Condemns Kavanaugh as guilty before any trial, yet exonerates Biden's own sexual assault allegations claiming everyone needs due process. This was the same hypocrisy that Hillary Clinton followed, where she said all women should be believed (and men are therefore guilty without trial), except those that accused her husband. Funny that.

Kamilla Harris encouraging people to BLM protest, knowing full well they nearly always end up in riots and criminal damage. Just look at in excess of 40,000 arrests for evidence.

Although I disagree with just about all Sleepy Joes policies, I feel he is more moderate than many of those in his party. Yet he is a shell of a man, withered by age. I just can't see him holding the dam against an avalanche of extreme leftism.

But here we go again with the "but, this person did this too" cry. And again, they can both be won't.
You keep missing the point, again and again. Your pro-Democrat worshipping means you do not want to put Republicans actions in context with Democrats actions. There is unequal application of the law, and also policy on Twitter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom