Has America Imploded? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 19:18
Still haven't seen any evidence of potus saying anything that directly incited violence. People were there to protest the stolen election process. There is no excuse for the violence that occurred, but blaming potus is purely political. That is crystal clear.
Nobody has seen that evidence, Mike. It's just something liberals keep repeating - "Repeat this after me until you believe it's true".

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:18
Yet you provide an example of a "lunatic" who does the opposite of what Trump wants.
Im sure he wasn't hard to incite either.

“Chansley has spoken openly about his belief that he is an alien, a higher being, and he is here on Earth to ascent to another reality,” the document says. It quotes him saying in a YouTube video as saying, “I am able to perceive multiple different frequencies of light beyond my five senses and it allows me to see into these other higher dimensions.”
Chansley was among the people whose images became the public faces of the riot. Donning a fur hat with horns and American-flag inspired face paint, Angeli stormed the Capitol bare-chested and gloated in the aftermath.
"The fact that we had a bunch of our traitors in office hunker down, put on their gas masks and retreat into their underground bunker, I consider that a win," Chansley, 33, said last week.
Chansley is a QAnon-supporting YouTuber who also was among the pro-Trump protesters who gathered outside the Maricopa County Elections Department in Phoenix on Nov. 5, claiming that the election was stolen.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
But he did say protest peacefully, so he told them not to do it. Meanwhile, Biden remained largely silent while there were over 40,000 arrests at the BLM "peaceful protests" by July 2020, so to me that suggests perhaps you view Biden's actions as "impeachable." If you want to argue the point that Trump is in a position of power and Biden is not, that would be inaccurate. He was the leading candidate to be president and represented nearly 100 million people.
He said that after the fact. His quote to storm DC and "be wild" should be enough. That was from December.

Biden sucks too. They can both be bad. It doesn't excuse Trumps actions and is not a good defense.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
"Repeat this after me until you believe it's true".
I'm sure you heard all the dems saying "we won the election in a landslide, it was rigged, voter fraud!, Stop the Steal!"

Vassago

Local time
Nobody has seen that evidence, Mike. It's just something liberals keep repeating - "Repeat this after me until you believe it's true".
I responded with a quote that heavily implied to not be peaceful. You Trump worshippers just have selective hearing/reading and refuse to acknowledge anything that doesn't praise Trump.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sure you heard all the dems saying "we won the election in a landslide, it was rigged, voter fraud!, Stop the Steal!"
Yup

1610732817945.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It is also not acceptable to dismiss facts as opinion.
Show me actual facts and we can have a discussion. Just because someone with a platform says every day that Trump is a danger to this country doesn't make it so. He is however a danger to them. Trump has ripped the bandage off the deep state and Congress and exposed the corruption of our government. This is why they are so afraid of him that he must be cancelled. And the Republicans in power concur because Trump is not one of them and that is how he got elected in the first place and would have won a second term if dead people voted for Republicans instead of Democrats and Democrats weren't allowed to vote multiple times.

Repetition is the Goebbels technique and the Marxists are well versed in its use. I'm old enough to have friends who survived the Holocaust. I also have a friend who survived the fire-bombing of Dresden. She and her family had evacuated to stay with relatives in a nearby town and watched the city be destroyed from a few miles away. Her house in Dresden survived but it was confiscated by the Russians when they took over the part of the country that became East Germany. You might want to hear her talk about the rise of the Nazis. She feels like she is in a bad dream because it is happening again.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:18
Im sure he wasn't hard to incite either.
I think the truth is, regardless of what political party someone supports, there are nutters everywhere. Including those in the centre. Some like to go outside the law and will find any excuse to do so.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
would have won a second term if dead people voted for Republicans instead of Democrats and Democrats weren't allowed to vote multiple times.
And I assume you have facts to back that up?

You might want to hear her talk about the rise of the Nazis.
My in-laws grew up playing on the unexploded bombs dropped on their city in germany. I've heard more than my share of stories.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
He said that after the fact.
After what?

Biden sucks too. They can both be bad. It doesn't excuse Trumps actions and is not a good defense.

When a political opponent points the finger for something they themselves continued to do all year long, how is that not a good defence? When you go to war, and the other side fights back, you don't say they shouldn't go to war to defend themselves. It is called equal justice.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
My in-laws grew up playing on the unexploded bombs dropped on their city in germany. I've heard more than my share of stories.
You may want to consider that the Democrats are adopting Orwell's "1984" political and social systems. You may well have new stories to pontificate on. Enjoy the new world order.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I responded with a quote that heavily implied to not be peaceful. You Trump worshippers just have selective hearing/reading and refuse to acknowledge anything that doesn't praise Trump.
So we have subjective interpretation of implied violence vs actual words out of Trumps mouth to be peaceful, like he has stated all year long. Peaceful protests only. Why the selective hearing/reading by only focusing on the part you want to be true, rather than what he actually said and has demonstrated to believe all year long, namely, only protest peacefully?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Very good find. Now perhaps we can stop the lies that Trump is doing something that the other side does not do.
The other side has made these statements consistently, the Republican's say this is hyperbolic, not treason.

Reactions: Jon

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Biden sucks too. They can both be bad. It doesn't excuse Trumps actions and is not a good defense

Unless it's in the context of a discussion on who to vote for & support--since we generally only have two choices once the nominations are made.
In that case it does make sense that you will hear people use it as a type of 'defense' - not an absolute defense of morality but a defense of being a supporter, since you either have to support someone or nobody for president, and the latter case isn't really a rational choice at all.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:18

We don't always agree - but in this one, we are positively in full synch.

Vassago

Local time
After what?

When a political opponent points the finger for something they themselves continued to do all year long, how is that not a good defence? When you go to war, and the other side fights back, you don't say they shouldn't go to war to defend themselves. It is called equal justice.
I'll disagree with your analogy. This isn't that. This would be more like Country 1 goes to war with Country 2. Country 3 ridicules Country 1, then attacks Country 2. If anything, it would be hypocrisy, that word others like to throw around.

Trump and Biden doing the same horrible actions makes both actions bad. It doesn't excuse one or the other. It doesn't make the action from either party right. That can BOTH be wrong.

I know, Trump worshippers will never say something their Lord Trump does is wrong.

Vassago

Local time
I don't know how to get rid of some of these quotes on mobile. This forum is the only one that keeps my previous post as if I haven't posted it and I have to try and wipe it out before I can respond to later posts.

At the heart of it, both parties and the politicians and biased media that supports both parties, are responsible for the division in this country. The general public seems to eat it up. Funnily enough, the divide isn't as crazy as either media makes it out to be. There really isn't a lot of infighting. I have a friends that are both Republican and Democrat. They are even friends with each other. I'm sure it looks worse for those outside the country or in other States from where the media likes to show America imploding. As everyone hear has stated, media lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom