Hi from Australia (1 Viewer)

3DogLegs

Local time
Tomorrow, 04:19
I have been reading this web site for several years and found it very informative. This is the first forum I have joined so will be feeling my way for a while.
I'm in my 70's now and have been slowly developing my horse racing database program since last century. I purchased a copy of MS-Office 2010, 12 years ago and my journey from pen and paper to computer databases began. I am self taught, mainly from reading sites like this and watching videos, and have been able to achieve a moderate standard of programming to this stage. I use Excel VBA and recently Python3 to download my data, format it, and then pull it all into Access. I have learnt to split my database and have developed a front-end form system which makes for easy access, but I find I spend just as much time accessing the data directly in tables and queries.

I look forward to interacting with the many bright members here and will be posting queries as soon as I understand the correct way to post/format/ask questions.
Cheers.

Attachments

• dbase_sm.png
    dbase_sm.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 97

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:19
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 13:19
welcome to the forum! we'll put a couple more shrimp on the barbie for ya. =)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:19
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:19
Hello and welcome to the forum.