Hi (1 Viewer)

Poppy72

Local time
Today, 13:06
I've signed up because I'm in the process of transforming an unfit-for-purpose spreadsheet into a properly functional Access database and I was completely new to Access when I started. I'm still very new to it now! I've already picked up a lot of good tips here but I'm reaching the point where I have to ask specific questions and hope I understand the answers! I have an aptitude for IT in general and I'm pretty good at figuring things out but I've no formal training in any aspect of it and zero experience with coding of any kind.

I've got a database that meets the most basic needs better than the Excel spreadsheet did but isn't even normalised yet. And in spare bits of time here and there, I'm working on the real thing.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:06
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:06
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:06
Welcome aboard!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:06
Welcome poppy72!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:06
Hello, poppy72, and welcome to the forum.

Just as a suggestion: You said "meets the most basic needs better than the Excel spreadsheet did but isn't even normalised yet" - you will find that things accelerate considerably once you normalize the tables and set up some (appropriate) relationships. The wizards use them to help you build things faster and more reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom