How to recognize early stroke symptoms. (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
Lyns - I understand exactly what you are saying - believe me.

We pay £45 Billion a year in car tax and fuel duties but only £4 billion is reinvested in making roads better, thats why our roads are shite and full of holes, thats why 500 motorcyclists are killed each year.

Spongers and frauds will always try to abuse a system where there is money at the end of it - you have to not get uptight about that and fight for your Grans corner.
If she can't see then you need to get a Consultant Ophthalmologist to do a report on it. etc etc - its bloody hard I know, it seems nobody is listening or cares.
People do care though - home help, social workers, District Nurses, GP's. Your Grans GP should be the driving force behind all this - if they're not then get another who is. I say again, its bloody hard work and you're battling the system all the way.

Our council tax should sort out pavements but they spend money on ludicrus things like Gay Lesbian Refuge for one armed people or a fact-finding trip to study snow clearing in the Bahamas:rolleyes: Our pavements look like something out of Beirut - elderly or disbabled don't stand a chance.

Income tax is a tax for the Government to spend on war rather than on their own country's people.
The NHS is £1 billion overspent - wards are closing, operations not being done etc because the Government won't pay up to help people. My dentist has written to me saying they won't do any NHS work now, its all private and my appt is next month so thats £100 gone straight away.

Keep fighting for your Gran Lyns, make a nuisance of yourself people will listen and respond.

Col
 
Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
KenHigg said:
Do the people that are well off have other means of medical care? Seems a person with a bunch of money could do their own thing(?) Just curious - Please don't bring on the US flames.... :):):)
Yes Ken, you can have Private Healthcare in the UK. You are seen instantly and operated on in days if necessary and you stay in a lovely Private Hospital.

The rest of us wait months / years for an operation or outpatient appointment. Only to find its cancelled because the hospital has no money to fund it. My hospital Trust where I work is £3 million overspent - so huge cuts are being made in patient care to balance the books.

Note - I am quite happy to knock my own country if necessary Ken:D its a total shambles - police not responding to calls, hospitals closing, fire service goes on strike every few months because of cutbacks.

Shall I go on??

Col
 

KenHigg

Registered User
Local time
Today, 11:53
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
13,327
ColinEssex said:
Yes Ken, you can have Private Healthcare in the UK. You are seen instantly and operated on in days if necessary and you stay in a lovely Private Hospital.

The rest of us wait months / years for an operation or outpatient appointment. Only to find its cancelled because the hospital has no money to fund it. My hospital Trust where I work is £3 million overspent - so huge cuts are being made in patient care to balance the books.

Note - I am quite happy to knock my own country if necessary Ken:D its a total shambles - police not responding to calls, hospitals closing, fire service goes on strike every few months because of cutbacks.

Shall I go on??

Col

I get the picture... :eek:

Here's the thing with me - I think everyone should be allowed equal health care. So to start with I am pro socialized medicine. Then I hear of the problems with existing systems like yours. I mean if you guys have problems, we'd really screw it up. So then I tend to go back towards privatized medicine. I wonder what country has the best model for social program?
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
KenHigg said:
I get the picture... :eek:

Here's the thing with me - I think everyone should be allowed equal health care. So to start with I am pro socialized medicine. Then I hear of the problems with existing systems like yours. I mean if you guys have problems, we'd really screw it up. So then I tend to go back towards privatized medicine. I wonder what country has the best model for social program?
A National Health Service is a good idea and when the chips are down they do really excellent work. Unfortunately, there is limits to the money pot and the Government seem to prefer spending on other things and let the NHS suffer.

We moan like hell, but then see countries like Africa / India and others where suffering is beyond belief, and then I think maybe we should be thankful for what we have got.

I see your problems and maybe your system is not too good. We lived in Australia and they had a good private type system that seemed to work but not sure these days.

Who knows

Col
 
R

Rich

Guest
ColinEssex said:
Yes Ken, you can have Private Healthcare in the UK. You are seen instantly and operated on in days if necessary and you stay in a lovely Private Hospital.


Col
Except that if things go wrong as they sometimes do it's the NHS and A&E that has to put it right:rolleyes:
 

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 10:53
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
1,745
Rich said:
Except that if things go wrong as they sometimes do it's the NHS and A&E that has to put it right:rolleyes:

What's A&E?
 

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:53
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
439
we pay out so much, income tax, national insurance, council tax bla bla bla and I just don’t see where it goes? I think our system would work if someone would start taking control of the spending and buy the right things with the money and not pay millions and millions of pounds for a Scottish bloody parliament to TALK about fixing the problems.JUST FIX THEM AND TALK ABOUT IT IN A £50,000 HUT!

I think it could be made a lot easier than they make it because its all the ' we have to appear politically correct " so we will spend millions on
Our council tax should sort out pavements but they spend money on ludicrous things like Gay Lesbian Refuge for one armed people

not because that’s better use for the money but some human rights activist would make a scene saying the government is not helping gay people and it would cause up roar! when in fact it is as simple as we need better bloody roads more than the above!

There is a lot of money that I can't see accounted for! Ok so everyone needs a wage of some sort but does Tony Blair really need as much as he is paid or do the other folk need the 70k a year or more to TALK about fixing problems? make it 50 k and there’s the pavement in Hanover street covered and fixed!

uuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh

N.B - I have gay friends so don’t hit me with any of that stuff by the way!
 

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:53
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Messages
9,117
I should point out my comment was a tongue-in-cheek remark not based on fact, but highlighting perhaps possible misplaced values of some county councils in their allocation of council tax money.;)

Lyns - why don't you run for your local council?

Col
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom