I Need Help Creating a Database (1 Viewer)

theflyingmonk

Local time
Today, 06:51
Hi,

My name is Jay.. I live in the UK and work for the NHS.

I am looking for someone to help me create a Database to do multi things.
First of i would like to design a easy to use interface. I am looking to replace my current patient whiteboard which is Excel based.
I was thinking how good my new board would be if it could save details and be more of an interactive board used by many staff members.

My new board must be about too

Add Patients to a Bay & Bed...
Add Consultant to a that Patient
Also need to add other info to that patient e.g. Physio, OT, Discharge Info, Destination etc..
The Bays & Beds / Patients must be on the screen all the time.
I have add a few images to show what I am looking for..
Not sure if this is possible to make in Access.

I would appreciate anyone's helps..

Many thanks

Jay & Cassie :banghead:

Attachments

• bedView.jpg
    bedView.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 77
  • wardView.jpg
    wardView.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:51
I think your project in the main will be about the interface.

That's where I would start, what's it going to look like in MS Access?

Are all the screen sizes it will be used on going to be the same?

I suggest you start by finding and studying projects with exceptional interfaces like this one:- http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1339264

Last edited:

theflyingmonk

Local time
This is a very nice database but does not work for me. Keeps asking to debug it...
But yes in all that's what I am after but with out the calender lol..

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The designs you have are certainly doable in Access - but I agree with AccessBlaster - decide what data you need and then design the tables, queries etc in a way that you can use, amend and display the data.

One thing you may want to take into account is the implications of using touch screen devices on form design

theflyingmonk

Local time
Thanks for your help.

I know what I want and how I want it layout but need someone to help or work with me to create a product that works..

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:51
Hmm, how about you make the Tables and set up the Relationships and then post it here. That being the first part anyway. You can either start a new thread under Tables (gets more attention that way) or continue on with this thread.

By the way... Welcome to the Forum! :D

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I am looking to replace my current patient whiteboard which is Excel based.
I was thinking how good my new board would be if it could save details and be more of an interactive board used by many staff members.
To put it bluntly if you're looking to replace a commercial product built by a couple of senior developers and tech archs then you're out of luck.

And you can't be completely sure if it's totally Excel based because you don't know the architecture that was used. Not only that, but the data model that they've used is well thought out so more grease to your elbows on replicating that model.

My advice would be to consult with the developers (or CIO for the NHS) and put your proposals forward for consideration. You never know, perhaps your proposals might be beneficial to the wider NHS community.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
>>>put your proposals forward for consideration. You never know, perhaps your proposals might be beneficial to the wider NHS community<<<

It'll get buried!

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
>>>put your proposals forward for consideration. You never know, perhaps your proposals might be beneficial to the wider NHS community<<<

It'll get buried!
I'm sure all the cases are means tested. If the panel feels it's not beneficial or the Change Management team believe it's too costly it'll get buried.

So if theflyingmonk wants to work on a realistic and much simpler model that would be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom