I never have understood this... (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:18
ShaneMan said:
Enough has been said here by several people for you to know there are folks here who do believe in this God that you and Colin don't,
excuse me? what did I do?

So its a crime now for Rich and I not to believe in your god, Shane? You give the impression we must be lesser people because of it. Exactly one of the reasons I stated earlier:(

Col

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Enough has been said here by several people for you to know there are folks here who do believe in this God that you and Colin don't, so making a comment like that never entered your head that someone was going to be insulted by it? I still hold to what I think of you. Your too smart for me to buy that.
Well now quit clearly I've got to defend myself and justify the statement.
I would have thought it quite clear that since most of the planets as we know them are round in shape I couldn't possibly have used the term building bricks, that would have made the planets an odd shape.
Nope, I stand by the perfectly innocent remark I made and wonder why it was interpreted as something other.
You and Sel obviously believe that God was male, rather sexist I'd have thought:confused:

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 08:18
Rich said:
That God was sat there playing with his balls and one day decided to create the Universe, or seven days as the case may be?:confused:

You're saying you ment he was playing with planets. Well the planets were are part of the universe. You said playing with his balls and decided to create the Universe.

You trying to tell me he was playing with planets BEFORE he created the universe?

I'm not buying it this time Rich. :mad:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:18
ColinEssex said:
excuse me? what did I do?

So its a crime now for Rich and I not to believe in your god, Shane? You give the impression we must be lesser people because of it. Exactly one of the reasons I stated earlier:(

Col

No, Colin. I did not mean for that to come across that way. All I was trying to say is that it's clear that you and Rich do not believe in God, but there are people here that do, and they have made it just as obvious that they do believe, as you two have made it that you don't, so saying something insulting never entered Rich's head that it was going to be insulting?

I certainly don't believe that anyone is lesser for anything they believe. It's just what they believe, but at the same time I would certainly hope that I wouldn't step all over what someone else believes just because they don't see things the way I do. I guess I don't see what I said gave you that impression but I do want to clear up any misunderstanding and let you know that isn't anywhere near the point I was making.

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
You're saying you ment he was playing with planets. Well the planets were are part of the universe. You said playing with his balls and decided to create the Universe.

You trying to tell me he was playing with planets BEFORE he created the universe?

I'm not buying it this time Rich. :mad:

Well he must have created them somehow after all, which came first, the chicken or the egg ?:rolleyes:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
selenau837 said:
To Colin's defense. He hasn't insulted my God yet, he simply doesn't believe. That is completely his choice. God gave us freewill, to believe or not to believe. :)

I think the subject gets emotive when one imposes one's belief on another.

The problem I have with orthrodox christianity, as Col has pointed out, is that believers think non-believers get eternal torture whilst non-believers just disagree with the theistic principle of Christianity. Some actually find this quite insulting.

I share Col's opinion on this, it simply is not good enough to claim that one is bound to hell, ie a worthless piece of !@#$, unless one feels a certain way about something. If somebody's mother has passed on in a non-believing state, it is completely unacceptable to expect their loved-ones to believe that they deserve eternal suffering, IMHO :)

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
Well he must have created them somehow after all, which came first, the chicken or the egg ?:rolleyes:

I'm done with you today Rich. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
ShaneMan said:
No, Colin. I did not mean for that to come across that way. . . . . . . . . so saying something insulting never entered Rich's head that it was going to be insulting?
I obviously have no idea what Rich's thoughts are.

I find it strange that you interpret a remark as being offensive and immediately draw me into it as if Rich and I are in collusion (which we're not) AND, as we "don't believe" we both must be as bad as each other - as I said, its exactly what I found Christians are really good at

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
As many have outlined (both believers, and non alike) living on earth can be like hell.

Maybe there are other plans for all people, but for many living without Christ is like living in hell.

Maybe that’s what he meant; believing in his holiness gets us a place in his mansion. He said it himself, “My father’s kingdom has many mansions”.

R

Rich

So you see I have to jump to the conclusion that those who say they are true believers aren't, I mean why judge me, isn't that supposed to be God's job and in any event since I'm supposedly so fatally flawed, who created me in the first place?
Since the answer according to those who judge me here is your God then maybe it's he who should be on trial?
Or should it be she, that would certainly explain the flawed logic:confused:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:18
ColinEssex said:
I obviously have no idea what Rich's thoughts are.

I find it strange that you interpret a remark as being offensive and immediately draw me into it as if Rich and I are in collusion (which we're not) AND, as we "don't believe" we both must be as bad as each other - as I said, its exactly what I found Christians are really good at

Col

Sorry, Colin, that I'm not getting across what I really mean very good. I am not trying to "draw" you into anything. I wasn't trying to imply that you and Rich are in collusion. I was just trying to say that this God that has been talked about since last week, Colin and Rich do not believe it. This same God, Shane, Selena, JSander, etc., do. I wasn't try to put you two in collusion anymore than I was trying to put Selena and JSanders in collusion with me. I was just making a list of those that believe in Him and those that don't. Sounds like it was a poor way for me to do that. I wasn't trying to be offensive by doing it or put thoughts or words in your mouth. Don't know how I can back off of my statement anymore than this.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
As many have outlined (both believers, and non alike) living on earth can be like hell.
Well either life's what you make it or life's a bitch and then you die:confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
I think when I meet up with Christ he will inform me that there are some repairs to make to heaven and would I mind spending the next 20,000 years working on them.

Of course I’ll be honored.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
I think when I meet up with Christ he will inform me that there are some repairs to make to heaven and would I mind spending the next 20,000 years working on them.

Of course I’ll be honored.

What if the illegals have filled all the vacancies:confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
What if the illegals have filled all the vacancies:confused:

I thnik there'll be prenty of room for us all.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
Maybe that’s what he meant; believing in his holiness gets us a place in his mansion. He said it himself, “My father’s kingdom has many mansions”.

Could you give me a reference on that one please?

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
So you see I have to jump to the conclusion that those who say they are true believers aren't, I mean why judge me, isn't that supposed to be God's job and in any event since I'm supposedly so fatally flawed, who created me in the first place?
Since the answer according to those who judge me here is your God then maybe it's he who should be on trial?
Or should it be she, that would certainly explain the flawed logic:confused:

Ok, to show I'm a true believer, I'm going to turn the other cheek and not allow it to bother me any longer. You had me soo upset Rich, I was sitting here in my cubical shaking and tears running down my face. I had to tell co-workers it was a sad song on the radio. :rolleyes:

Anyways, Rich you are entitled to your opion, and beliefs as am I.

I'm letting it drop now.

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
You had me soo upset Rich, I was sitting here in my cubical shaking and tears running down my face.

It wasn't that funny?:confused:

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
It wasn't that funny?:confused:

You are such a brat Rich!

No, you had me that mad!! But I told them I was listening to 'Austin' by Blake Shelton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom