I never have understood this... (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:35
ShaneMan said:
I wasn't trying to be offensive by doing it or put thoughts or words in your mouth. Don't know how I can back off of my statement anymore than this.
Ok. I just thought you were bloody quick to type my name when there's a bit of conflict thats all;)

Dan-Cat said:
I share Col's opinion on this

;) I'll frame that:D didn't you also agree with Rich last week Dan? - you're not English are you?

Col

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 11:35
ColinEssex said:
The Salvation Army,? they refused £50,000 from a man because it was part of his winnings from the lottery. If they can refuse £50K then they get nothing more from me.:mad:

I see your point there. :D

ColinEssex said:
Some were, it was mainly the "worshippers" that treated you like shite. My sisters are religious fanatics and go to a Baptist church where I went too (for about 2 years, to see whats what. Then I went to a C of E (didn't like the dressing up of vicars etc) The baptists were worse for ignoring you and putting you down. If this is what "christians" do then no thanks. I certainly don't expect christians to do it. To me that was part of the religious package - I didn't want to be like that

I'm sorry you had that experience. It's true, it can happen in certain churches, but that is the people acting badly. I must admit I'm probably not the most outgoing person either and so I don't talk to people and "visitors" of the church as often as I should. I wouldn't, however, be rude to anyone or put them down. That's precisely what will drive people away, as you are well aware. I don't know if this is anything to do with the Baptist faith or not, I've always gone to a non-denominational Christian church.

ColinEssex said:
I went to see Billy Graham in 1969. That was awful, all these people wailing and holding arms up then everyone trooped to the front (not me) to become "christians" - amazing what effect a smooth talking man can do, and he absolutely coined it in

I'm not really into all the arm waving and chanting either. :rolleyes:

ColinEssex said:
There is a British "Billy Graham" called Don Summers He's a mate of Billy Grahams and he lived in Bristol where I was (at that time) and I met him (because I fancied his daughter:D - long story!!!) I went round his house a few times - he's ok to chat to, not too pushy. I hate pushy religious people.

I don't like pushy religious people either. Nobody likes having a Bible thumped in their face. ;)

ColinEssex said:
That comment about my Mum going to hell and the nasty man to heaven was the last time I ever spoke to a minister / vicar about religion (that was 1969). It was the last time I set foot in a church (for a service) When he said it, I walked out, went home and burned my bible in the garden.
I was not going to have some jumped-up 'holier than thou' telling me my Mum was going to hell:mad: My Mum was the kindest person I ever knew, and she worked hard to bring us all up and always supported us in whatever we did. I never knew her to do anything "wrong"

Your Mom sounds like she was a wonderful person.

ColinEssex said:
At least I feel I tried to understand this religious mumbo jumbo and just couldn't accept the rubbish that was being spouted - If I wanted to worship something, I think the most sensible thing to worship is to worship the sun. :eek: It brings life, warmth and without it we'd all die. You can see it, so you know its there, its not a figment of imagination. I reckon the Aztecs got it right

:D

ColinEssex said:
Have a guess what reception American Jehovas Witnesses get when I open the door to them:D

They probably get the same reception as they do when I answer the door to them. They are very strange and very pushy. One of my husband's aunts is a Jehovah's Witness (along with her husband) and they are not even allowed to step foot in another church even for weddings, funerals, etc. When my husband's uncle died (her own brother) she didn't even go to the funeral. Very strange. But she is a kind and loving person in all other aspects. I just don't agree with the Jehovah's Witness faith. :rolleyes:

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
I just don't agree with the Jehovah's Witness faith. :rolleyes:

Aren't there actually too many of them to fill the supposed vacancy list?:rolleyes:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
;) I'll frame that:D didn't you also agree with Rich last week Dan?

Yes we did, don't worry I gave myself 40 lashes for the blasphemy :D

ColinEssex said:
- you're not English are you?

Col

Now why go and say a nasty thing like that, I was being nice to you:mad: :p

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 12:35
Rich said:
Who? what? :confused:

A country singer Blake Shelton, and the song Austin.

Outa look it up. I cry everytime I hear it. Execpt this last time, it wasn't really on the radio. I had to come up with something to say as to why I was cyring. :rolleyes:

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
A country singer Blake Shelton, and the song Austin.

Outa look it up. I cry everytime I hear it.
Sounds too depressing to me

Execpt this last time, it wasn't really on the radio. I had to come up with something to say as to why I was cyring. :rolleyes

Why did you have to lie for me?:confused:

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Rich said:
Sounds too depressing to me
Nope, actually so sweet it makes you cry.

Why did you have to lie for me?:confused:
Because I dare not tell my co-workers why I was really crying. What was I suppose to say. An insensative UK Man said some crass things about the God I worship and made me very angry and made me cry. :rolleyes:

Nah, I prefer my version. :D But no hard feelings after all. ;)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
dan-cat said:
Could you give me a reference on that one please?
John 14-2 it is also in Mathew but I can't remember where.

Last edited:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:35
Rich said:
Satan, by the sounds of it

Nice try Rich. Don't twist my words, especially when I was giving you a compliment. This is what I said, "I still hold to what I think of you. Your too smart for me to buy that." My comment was stating what I have already said a number of times and that is I think your intelligent. Taking that and turning it into I think your Satan is a pretty big stretch.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ShaneMan said:
Nice try Rich. Don't twist my words, especially when I was giving you a compliment. This is what I said, "I still hold to what I think of you. Your too smart for me to buy that." My comment was stating what I have already said a number of times and that is I think your intelligent. Taking that and turning it into I think your Satan is a pretty big stretch.

After a year of playing his game, I try to limit my responces to his rhetoric.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
ShaneMan said:
Taking that and turning it into I think your Satan is a pretty big stretch.
He's just trying to guide you closer to the truth. ;)

R

Rich

jsanders said:
You are a rather tenacious agitator.

Mt:7:1: Judge not, that ye be not judged.2: For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Lk:6:37: Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Mmmmmmmmmm

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Perhaps you'll make an effort to practice what you've just preached?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom