I never have understood this... (2 Viewers)

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
Nope, Don't believe in the big bang therory.
There's proof that it happened

You know what I believe,
That God was sat there playing with his balls and one day decided to create the Universe, or seven days as the case may be?:confused:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 10:07
selenau837 said:
Ok, question. For those that don't believe in a God or God, how do you explain the existence of man? How do you explain our creation? Big Bang Therory, or climbed out of a cestpool of sludge and algae?
I have absolutely no idea - and neither does anyone else for sure. To be quite honest, its not something I've ever thought about other than for a micro second. I know what the religious manual says - ok thats a bit far fetched and scientists change their mind like their socks. So who knows?

Does anyone care? shouldn't we all be concentrating on not destroying mankind - that to me is a trifle more relevant.

Col

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 05:07
Rich said:
That God was sat there playing with his balls and one day decided to create the Universe, or seven days as the case may be?:confused:

Listen, everyone is allowed their beliefs, but making lude comments about the deity I believe in is uncalled for, and you know it Rich. I have never insulted your beliefs or made lude comments as you have. I take great insult that you would even explain it in that fashion. :mad:

I never thought it could happen, but you have truely insulted me. I can take alot, but that is beyond my ability to overlook. :(

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:07
Rich said:

Rich,

Why do find the necessity of using degrading words to tear down what someone puts their beliefs in? Does it make your point better?

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Rich,

Why do find the necessity of using degrading words to tear down what someone puts their beliefs in? Does it make your point better?

You find the word God degrading, how strange:confused:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
You find the word God degrading, how strange:confused:

You always have to come back with a statement that is so off topic. You know I was not referring to God being the degrading part. You and I covered this on Friday. Your much smarter than that.

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
Listen, everyone is allowed their beliefs, but making lude comments about the deity I believe in is uncalled for, and you know it Rich.

You mean God didn't have a set of balls to play with, how about bricks?
Why all the fuss anyway, I thought God was going to judge me:rolleyes:

selenau837

Local time
ColinEssex said:
I have absolutely no idea - and neither does anyone else for sure. To be quite honest, its not something I've ever thought about other than for a micro second. I know what the religious manual says - ok thats a bit far fetched and scientists change their mind like their socks. So who knows?

Does anyone care? shouldn't we all be concentrating on not destroying mankind - that to me is a trifle more relevant.

Col
True, but I asked simply because after my trip out west, seeing the magnificently beautiful scenery I saw, it reminded there has to be a God to create such beauty.

I felt so insignificant, standing near such beautiful cliffs, and the sun's shine creating such beautiful rainbows on the cliffs. It was breath taking.

Then again, that is simply my beliefs.

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
You always have to come back with a statement that is so off topic. You know I was not referring to God being the degrading part. You and I covered this on Friday. Your much smarter than that.

Then I have to ask why both you and Sel jumped to the conclusion that I was being lewd:confused:

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
True, but I asked simply because after my trip out west, seeing the magnificently beautiful scenery I saw, it reminded there has to be a God to create such beauty.

I felt so insignificant, standing near such beautiful cliffs, and the sun's shine creating such beautiful rainbows on the cliffs. It was breath taking.

Well actually glaciers created most of our stunning scenery

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Then I have to ask why both you and Sel jumped to the conclusion that I was being lewd:confused:

Maybe the comment of "God playing with His balls" might be a good place for you to look. You come in with your comments, slap someone across the face with them, get the reaction you were looking for and then start playing dumb with your, "What? What did I do?

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Maybe the comment of "God playing with His balls" might be a good place for you to look. You come in with your comments, slap someone across the face with them, get the reaction you were looking for and then start playing dumb with your, "What? What did I do?
Now who's being judgemental, I'd say that you jumped to that conclusion because you wanted to

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
You mean God didn't have a set of balls to play with, how about bricks?
Why all the fuss anyway, I thought God was going to judge me:rolleyes:

:mad: I'm not discussing this further with you Richard. You are a very intelligent man, and I have seen it in past forums, but comments like that do not show your intelligence. It actually shows lack there of.

Why must you degrade my beliefs in such away? I've never been anything but cordial with you and had proper manners, and never made insults as you have just made.

I know I will not get an apology from you, so I'm not going to ask, but know this. You have truly irritated me on this day. I will eventually forgive, that is in my nature, but I will never forget.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Now who's being judgemental, I'd say that you jumped to that conclusion because you wanted to

Nice deflecting come back. I didn't jump to any conclusions. I just followed your M.O. This is something that you are very good at. I told you on Friday that your probably very intelligent and that these sort of things are things that your smart enough to make happen.:)

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
:mad: I'm not discussing this further with you Richard. You are a very intelligent man, and I have seen it in past forums, but comments like that do not show your intelligence. It actually shows lack there of.

Why must you degrade my beliefs in such away? I've never been anything but cordial with you and had proper manners, and never made insults as you have just made.

I know I will not get an apology from you, so I'm not going to ask, but know this. You have truly irritated me on this day. I will eventually forgive, that is in my nature, but I will never forget.

I offer this in my defence, make of it what you will

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 10:07
selenau837 said:

I think that I feel insignificant when the earth decides to remind us exactly what power is really like - the tsunami, Katrina, Mount St Helens and many other examples. It knocks what little power we create into a cocked hat - its like earth is saying "you want power? I'll show you power":rolleyes:

Col

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Nice deflecting come back. I didn't jump to any conclusions. I just followed your M.O. This is something that you are very good at. I told you on Friday that your probably very intelligent and that these sort of things are things that your smart enough to make happen.:)

Or maybe the thought never entered my head:confused:

selenau837

Local time
ColinEssex said:
I think that I feel insignificant when the earth decides to remind us exactly what power is really like - the tsunami, Katrina, Mount St Helens and many other examples. It knocks what little power we create into a cocked hat - its like earth is saying "you want power? I'll show you power":rolleyes:

Col

True.. :) :)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Or maybe the thought never entered my head:confused:

Enough has been said here by several people for you to know there are folks here who do believe in this God that you and Colin don't, so making a comment like that never entered your head that someone was going to be insulted by it? I still hold to what I think of you. Your too smart for me to buy that.

selenau837

Local time
To Colin's defense. He hasn't insulted my God yet, he simply doesn't believe. That is completely his choice. God gave us freewill, to believe or not to believe. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom