I now think B Obama is the best choice for America and the world (2 Viewers)

Local time
Today, 00:53
So what he have now isn't woe? I guess you call this heaven, or what?

I'm happy. I haven't had to worry about a second attack on my homeland for years.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Speaking of ... what the heck is Biden going around talking about Obama being tested and then 'oops, I didn't know the press was here'?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/biden-to-suppor.html

Is he already providing a pre-emptive excuse for Obama if he hoses up (I would say that Biden doesn't trust Obama's experience by saying all of this) or is something really going down since both candidates are already receiving FBI/CIA briefings on something coming our way?

Per Biden not trusting Obama's experience and/or chances ... is Biden still running his other campaign to keep his Senate seat? What happens if he wins both?

-dK

Last edited:

statsman

Local time
Today, 01:53
I have viewed American politics for many years from next door.
As American are required to select a party (Republican or Democrat) when they register to vote, most Americans vote for their registered party in the absence of a major issue.
When there is a major issue (and in this election there are several) they will actually pay attention to the campaign and the platforms.
There is also a tradition that when the average American feels the country is in trouble, they vote Democrat.
Don't be suprized therefore is Obama does well or even wins several traditional Republican states.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
... As American are required to select a party (Republican or Democrat) when they register to vote ...

Some states I lived in you could choose "Other" or "Independant". I think there should be one that says "Unaffiliated" since there is an Independant Party.

When there is a major issue ... they will actually pay attention to the campaign and the platforms.

Don't know if it is a hoax or not, but Howard Stern did an informal poll on who is paying attention ... kinda funny in a sad way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU

-dK

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
I have viewed American politics for many years from next door.
As American are required to select a party (Republican or Democrat) when they register to vote, most Americans vote for their registered party in the absence of a major issue.
When there is a major issue (and in this election there are several) they will actually pay attention to the campaign and the platforms.
There is also a tradition that when the average American feels the country is in trouble, they vote Democrat.
Don't be suprized therefore is Obama does well or even wins several traditional Republican states.

I am a registered unaffiliated voter.

Local time

Not at all. I am unaffiliated. The rules vary by state.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:53
Even so, I would like my blanket primary back.

(Guess who was one that filed lawsuit and got it knocked down? The Democrat party. The appeal then had Republican Party *and* Libertarian Party with the Democrat Party as plaintiff. Almost killed me there.)

Also, to be a bit explicit- there are either open or closed primary that will affect how unaffiliated voter can influence the primary. In most states, it's usually closed to unaffiliated and they don't get to vote until the general election, so they have no say in which primary candidate advance to general election. To further complicate the equation, several states have hybrid primary and caucus, which has its own rules- in some primaries, it's nothing but a giant straw poll; you have to go to caucus to actually count, or it's split between two methods, or some kind of variation.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:53
I was just watching on Fox News the coverage on early voting. How long before election day can be vote. When are these votes counted?

In Australia the only people who can vote early are those who will be away or unable to vote on election day for whatever reason.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
Every state is different - some states started voting weeks ago. The votes are counted, but none of the numbers are released until the polls close on election day.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:53
Again, that vary by state. In my state, where we have vote-by-mail, we are supposed to have it postmarked by a certain date (I think a week before), and they don't count it until the polls has closed, IINM.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Every state is different - some states started voting weeks ago. The votes are counted, but none of the numbers are released until the polls close on election day.

Also as an added note, per our Electoral College ... some states split the electoral votes based on some magical formulas. So in some cases, it isn't an all or nothing.

-dK

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
The early voting lines in Florida seem to be primarily Obama so far. They are wearing hats/shirts/flags/buttons/etc... so it's not too difficult to tell who they voted for. I'm also glad to see so many younger adults voting this year. It was pretty clear 4 years ago that Kerry would have won Florida had more young adults voted. Most of us just didn't get to register in time, thanks to restrictions placed on voting by JEB. (coincidence?) :rolleyes:

It looks like most adults between 18 and 25 have learned their lesson and registered in time. Change is coming. :)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Well I guess the advice Europe is giving us now is working. No attack since 9/11/2001. Thanks.

I beg to differ. Bush IS an attack on us. He's caused thousands of deaths in a needless war AND allowed the person who did attack us to survive for seven years because of his own personal agenda, not to mentioned destroyed not just the national economy, but global economies. That's quite an attack and it's gone on for far too long.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:53
Well I guess the advice Europe is giving us now is working. No attack since 9/11/2001. Thanks.
I should just like to point out that had Bush not had his head stuck somewhere it shouldn't have been and heeded the warnings 9/11 wouldn't have happened..........

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Stuck up Colin Powell's when he was out making the war agenda?

-dK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom