I think I'm going crazy.... (1 Viewer)

jdp103

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:49
I am redesigning an old database. There is a form that has an unbound combo box field that gets its values from a query. Basically, someone will choose a value from the combobox and a subform will display all records for that value.

Here is my dilemma...

In the old database, if I typed an N in that combo box, it would immediately go to the "N"s in the combo. However, in the new database...nothing happens when you start to type in the combo box. You either have to type the whole thing in or actually use the dropdown button. I have checked every setting imagineable...and I can't find how to get it to autofill based on the letters entered. It is driving me nuts!!!

HELP!!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:49
You're looking for the Auto Expand property.

jdp103

Registered User.
Local time
The AutoExpand Property is currently set to Yes...but it isn't working.

Also, I misspoke in my original message. If you type the name EXACTLY as it is in the dropdown, and hit enter, it does nothing. I can ONLY select from the list by clicking the arrow and srolling down until the value is highlighted. I know it was never this difficult before!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:49
What does the SQL of the rowsource look like, and what are the columns, column widths and bound column settings?

jdp103

Registered User.
Local time
Here is the SQL for the rowsource:
SELECT Resource.ResourceID, Resource.ResourceName, Resource.ResourceStatus
FROM Resource
WHERE (((Resource.ResourceStatus)="A"))
ORDER BY Resource.ResourceName;

And here is the column info:

Bound Column: 1
2 Columns (don't need to show the ResourceStatus field info)
Column Widths: 0"; 1.5"

This is EXACTLY what the original form using the original table has. The ONLY difference is that I am using a new table, but it has the same data..just renamed.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If there are three columns in the RowSource, the column count needs to reflect that. If you don't want to show a particular column, set its width to 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom