Local time
Today, 00:07
Glossary of terms Blog here:-

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Did you know that Chat GPT can generate a list of questions?

Interesting article about it here:-

Something else for me to investigate! (Waste my time on)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Yesterday, 19:07
The AI "war" is on and getting "hotter". I don't think the Chinese will feel any ethical constraints regarding the usage of AI for their benefit.
There is a side issue to this. In our arrogance, the US complains how the Chinese are "stealing" US technologies. What they forget is that the Chinese are here in the US learning and they are fully capable of creating their own so-called "intellectual property". Given current trends, the US may soon find itself being accused of "stealing" Chinese "intellectual property". After all, Asian students totally outperform non-Asian students in colleges.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't think the Chinese will feel any ethical constraints regarding the usage of AI for their benefit.
...nor any of the nation-less hackers who raise havoc from time to time.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
My Journey with Chat GPT: An Update
A few years ago, I embarked on a grand project: creating a Flutter application that would allow people to communicate via icons, essentially an iconic language. However, due to my inexperience with Flutter and the complexity of developing sets of icons, this project soon petered out.

Reviving the Project with Chat GPT
As I gained an understanding of the capabilities of Chat GPT, I decided to dust off this project and give it another go. I chose to sidestep Flutter at this stage and iron out the problems with an MS Access version instead.

One realization that came to me was the need to simplify the task by reducing the number of required icons. I understood that reasonable communication could be achieved with around 2,000 words. And guess what? I found a list of these 2,000 words on the internet. The word list also identified the nouns, of which there were around 500. This gave me a good start, as nouns should be easier to convert into icons, images, pictures, or GIFs.

The Program Concept
The idea behind the program is simple: press a button displaying an icon. That "press" changes all the images on the buttons to represent the next layer. Each layer should consist of 12 images. To have any chance of this working, I needed to categorize the icons so that I have a category underneath each button.

The question then arose: how am I going to do that? Enter Chat GPT. My trusty companion, Chat GPT, began categorizing and sorting the words. Now, I must admit, it's not perfect at this. Some of the choices are questionable, but I'm heading in the right direction. I need to create a demo. Perfection at this stage is a luxury I can't afford. I need something I can show people.

Utilizing Chat GPT for VBA Code
I needed a table to store the words in, so I asked Chat GPT. It came up with a suggestion and on a whim, I asked, "Can you write VBA code that will create that table?" To my surprise, it did. I didn't even have to build the table myself.

Following this discovery, I realized that Chat GPT could also build a form with VBA automatically. I asked Chat GPT to create a form with a text box at the top, 12 buttons set out in a three-by-four pattern, and a couple of other buttons underneath. After a few attempts, it produced a very nice form with 12 buttons on it. The buttons weren't quite the right size and the spacing between them was overly large.

I could have asked Chat GPT to correct this, but I didn't. Instead, I went into the code and changed the settings myself. However, I realized that if I was less experienced, I could have asked Chat GPT to place comments in the code indicating where I should change the width, the height, and the positioning of the various buttons. This would have made the process much easier.

Progress and Limitations
I had a really productive day yesterday. I've made immense progress on my project. I used Chat GPT so much that it blocked me from using it for a few hours, stating that I'd gone over my limits, even though I'm on a paid subscription.

That's the end of today's Chat GPT update. I might have more things to share later in the week.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
My Journey with Chat GPT: An Update
A few years ago, I embarked on a grand project: creating a Flutter application that would allow people to communicate via icons, essentially an iconic language. However, due to my inexperience with Flutter and the complexity of developing sets of icons, this project soon petered out.

Reviving the Project with Chat GPT
As I gained an understanding of the capabilities of Chat GPT, I decided to dust off this project and give it another go. I chose to sidestep Flutter at this stage and iron out the problems with an MS Access version instead.

One realization that came to me was the need to simplify the task by reducing the number of required icons. I understood that reasonable communication could be achieved with around 2,000 words. And guess what? I found a list of these 2,000 words on the internet. The word list also identified the nouns, of which there were around 500. This gave me a good start, as nouns should be easier to convert into icons, images, pictures, or GIFs.

The Program Concept
The idea behind the program is simple: press a button displaying an icon. That "press" changes all the images on the buttons to represent the next layer. Each layer should consist of 12 images. To have any chance of this working, I needed to categorize the icons so that I have a category underneath each button.

The question then arose: how am I going to do that? Enter Chat GPT. My trusty companion, Chat GPT, began categorizing and sorting the words. Now, I must admit, it's not perfect at this. Some of the choices are questionable, but I'm heading in the right direction. I need to create a demo. Perfection at this stage is a luxury I can't afford. I need something I can show people.

Utilizing Chat GPT for VBA Code
I needed a table to store the words in, so I asked Chat GPT. It came up with a suggestion and on a whim, I asked, "Can you write VBA code that will create that table?" To my surprise, it did. I didn't even have to build the table myself.

Following this discovery, I realized that Chat GPT could also build a form with VBA automatically. I asked Chat GPT to create a form with a text box at the top, 12 buttons set out in a three-by-four pattern, and a couple of other buttons underneath. After a few attempts, it produced a very nice form with 12 buttons on it. The buttons weren't quite the right size and the spacing between them was overly large.

I could have asked Chat GPT to correct this, but I didn't. Instead, I went into the code and changed the settings myself. However, I realized that if I was less experienced, I could have asked Chat GPT to place comments in the code indicating where I should change the width, the height, and the positioning of the various buttons. This would have made the process much easier.

Progress and Limitations
I had a really productive day yesterday. I've made immense progress on my project. I used Chat GPT so much that it blocked me from using it for a few hours, stating that I'd gone over my limits, even though I'm on a paid subscription.

That's the end of today's Chat GPT update. I might have more things to share later in the week.
I thought CHATGPT 4 is limited but 3.5 is unlimited?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Will ChatGPT survive if plaintiff's win the class action lawsuit against it? Can AI un-learn things?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I can't even have a "news" feed because I can't find one that will give me actual news of the world.

A few years back I started watching a news channel I think it was called Al jazeer or something like that. I found it to be quite truthful. I don't know what it's like today or even if it's still around I haven't watched it for at least a year or probably two now.

Tucker Carlson does a video on Twitter now, usually about an hour long. He's done nine or ten and they are excellent.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I thought CHATGPT 4 is limited but 3.5 is unlimited?

I believe that's correct. I didn't fancy dropping out of chat gpt4 down to chat GPT 3.5 halfway through a session. I didn't know what would happen, so I waited.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In one sense it is the ability to have a private mentor, and all of your lifelong memory and learning with 100% recall tempered by your point of view.
the AI point of view so far is always hard left. This is because of how websites and posters on social media are categorized. The "left" ones always get priority and even when the "right" is not actively hidden, it is frequently so far down the list, that people come to believe that "everyone thinks DJT is the evil orange man so obviously he must be guilty". The bots also seem to make stuff up so unless you have sufficient domain knowledge to fact check, I'm not sure how much faith I would place in any answer it provides at this point. Tony is having great success working with it though. He is very patient and is learning how to create questions and then refine them to get the AI to come to a usable conclusion. He is concentrating on programming, which is a hard science, so he isn't running into bias problems.

I think Al Jazeera is from Dubai.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
This is an absurd investigation. On surface an Ai has no capability to evaluate the validity of the information it is fed. Consider recent claims by John Kerry asserting that he owns no private jets to imply that he does not use them. Kerry's misleading implication is that he has not borrowed a private jet from someone else. Given these conflicting "facts", an AI would be caught in a conundrum. To make matters worse, those feeding the AI information could be feeding it (exclusively) one-sided information.

What is the FTC's objective? :unsure:

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Using ChatGPT as a handy tool to answer forum questions is a good example of how useful it can be.

I've used it to answer some really tricky questions on AWF, the ones I had no clue how to solve. I reckon it did a great job answering them. I made sure to say that the answers came from ChatGPT, mainly because I couldn't tell if the answers were right or wrong.

Now, if there's a question where the OP shares an SQL statement, you can copy and paste the SQL statement into ChatGPT. Then you can ask it to pull out the table name and field names from the SQL statement, and write the VBA code to make a table that the SQL statement is based on, but in the Microsoft Access VBA environment.

Then you'd ask it to write the VBA code needed to make a form based on the table, and add a combo box, text box, button (or whatever you think you need) in the Microsoft Access VBA environment. I've done this successfully a few times. You'll likely get a sample form with all the controls huddled in the top-left corner. You just need to move them around to see them. You can even ask ChatGPT to spread them out.

If I see the right kind of question, I might make a YouTube video showing how it's done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom