ImpersonateUser in VBA , Need to verify the credentials as well (1 Viewer)

naganesan

Local time
Today, 15:27
Please help me to create a VBA code in Access to run the program using my admin credentials to do modify tasks.
I want know if the login is successful or not , and log off in the end of the program.

Please help, Its urgent !!!!!:cry::cry:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:57
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:57
Some questions:
1. Do users login with username & password with each having different security levels? If so, its very easy to test.
2. Or are you using their network login to detect their user name using e.g. the Environ variable. If so, it can be spoofed for testing purposes
3. Have you considered using code to detect whether Access is being Run As An Administrator? If true, the user could be allowed to do certain tasks, but not otherwise.

Are you the developer of the app? If so, what have you tried so far?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:57
In addition to the comments provided so far, can you describe the business being automated in simple English to assist readers with context.
Also, it may be helpful if you describe the urgency and your role to get focused responses.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:57
Two more options for impersonation, using nothing except VBA and free/windows command line :

... Both of which you can control using command line programming, which can easily be ran using VBA.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:57
Hi. Since this is the Introduction Forum, welcome to AWF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom