In a pickle re; accessing data tables in 2000 DB with front end (1 Viewer)

Anchoress

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:35
I work in an office with Office2000. One branch of our non-profit organisation had a volunteer design a database in Access to track the usage of rented storage bins.

The database works great for its intended purpose, however the volunteer is not available and the front-end is so locked down that I can't get into the table structure to run some usage queries I need for my own job, which is Resource Development (donations).

I don't know what to say to give more info, because the computer is a stand-alone in a different department detached from the network, so I have to physically go to the other end of the building & work in it, I can't get screencaps etc easily, and most of the menus have been disabled so it doesn't even give me the info about the version of Access etc. :banghead:

I'm sorry if I've given too little info for help; anything would be welcome.

AccessMSSQL

Seasoned Programmer-ette
Local time
Have you tried holding the SHIFT key down while you open the database. This usually overrides any startup routine.

Anchoress

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, but it didn't work unfortunately. Wish it were that easy LOL.

Anchoress

Registered User.
Local time
Anyone? Still trying to track down the developer.

AccessMSSQL

Seasoned Programmer-ette
Local time
Other thing you might try is create a new database and try to import all of the objects from the locked down one to the new database if you can?

Anchoress

Registered User.
Local time
AccessMSSQL, thanks for the info, I'll try that when I have time. It's an .MDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom