Is the security really expired here? (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 18:37
Did i draw too much attention to myself? I get this error when requesting any page here now.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-30-18-37-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-30-18-37-32.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 115

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, on this one you are innocent.

Jon, your security certificate has expired. I know it isn't the first time that you have had that issue with your hosting company. Well, it happened again.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
thanks richard! whew! I was afraid I was getting the attention of the black hats, and maybe even the NSA. Just yesterday I was on the phone with the hosting company InMotion, and the agent says out of the blue:
what's that clicking noise I hear in the background on your end?
Perhaps I AM being monitored by the united states government....I certainly wouldn't put it past the NSA, even *after* the Edward Snowden incident called them out on their illegal activities.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, in order to gain that kind of attention, you need overseas clients or work in a secret clearance shop. But of course, there is your Russian lady friend...

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:37
I'm getting the same warning message that Adam is getting.

Anybody got any idea how long it will take to fix the problem.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I'm getting the same warning message that Adam is getting.

Anybody got any idea how long it will take to fix the problem.
Bob, it's a strange issue. I have not tested this issue with chrome, however I'm now not getting it and I'm on my laptop using FF. I cleared everything out of my system with a deep scan from cCleaner though. But I doubt that's related. Not once did I ever get the security warning when I moved from my phone over to my laptop. I wonder if that is related to Jon's unreliable hosting company?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Jon,

If you didn't know about the checker websites, here's some test results info....(tested with whynopadlock.com)

Attachments

• SSL test results.jpg
    SSL test results.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 112
  • additional errors.jpg
    additional errors.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 108

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I've notified Jon by email as well.

PaulD2019

Registered User.
Local time
I'm getting the same warning using chrome too, I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon though

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
My useless pain in the butt host cocks up the security certificate every year at this time, despite it being paid. Sorted now until same time next year.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
we're sorry you had to take time off your vacation to address this stupid issue Jon. hopefully you enjoy the rest of it.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
unsecure images on the forum....

I've seen this so many times on websites that properly install SSL encryption, but yet firefox still throws this error. How could their be anything unsecure about images? Is firefox scared of rouge code that could be present at their source URL? That seems a little strange....I am running Firefox 71, which is the most up to date version:

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+newest+version+of+firefox

Attachments

• unsecure images.jpg
    unsecure images.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 103

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
My useless pain in the butt host cocks up the security certificate every year at this time, despite it being paid. Sorted now until same time next year.
Thank you Jon. Everything seems to be back to normal:)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam,

Some images include actual programs. Not usually .BMP, and .JPG is also unlikely. However, it is possible for an image to contain rogue code. Particularly if the image contains "hot spots" of some sort, things can get dicey.

Granted, it would be rare. Another thing that might trigger that message is that the source of the image is outside the scope of the certificate even though the page itself IS in scope. Like if the page code had an external hyperlink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom