Landscape Printing? (1 Viewer)

Mist

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:37
I have a landscape oriented report which is A4 size. When I select Landscape in print preview the result is cut off on the right. :confused: In the form's design mode I get a little green triangle on the top-left which tells me that the form is wider than the page size. Is this because I am using a default printer with a portrait setting? I want to avoid having to change the default printer for each different form orientation. I am printing to a pdf printer (pdfCreator which doesn't appear to have a landscape output setting) while testing my design so as not to waste ink & paper. Anyone have any ideas? I have a feeling the answer is going to be something obvious, if so apologies in advance!

I am using Windows XP SP3 with Access 2007.

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:37
I don't think this is something you can do with forms - however with reports you can set and the print profile.

Mist

Registered User.
Local time
...Oops sorry! I said 'form' when iactually meant 'report'! I have edited out my mistake..:rolleyes:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If it is reports, then go into print preview where you can set paper size, margins and orientation and then save - these options are specific to this report.

Another option for PDF is to use

Code:
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "ReportName", acFormatPDF, "C:\reportname.pdf", False

Mist

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks CJ - Will do (not on my PC now) ..like the pdf option too

Last edited:

Mist

Registered User.
Local time
Here's the thing CJ!

Code:
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "ReportName", acFormatPDF, "C:\reportname.pdf", False
- works, thanks, but I still have the same problem: the report output (both pdf and printer) is cut off on the bottom and right with the 'cut off' sections printing on subsequent pages.

I'm trying to produce a landscape output which is the same size as the scanned original. The 'print preview' - 'page setup' options (Size/Margins/Page Setup) don't offer me facilities to accomplish this.

It appears that the scanned image which I'm using as a background or template for the report is too large. If this is the case I'm puzzled because the scanned image is A4 in size, rotated 90 degrees to view in landscape. Perhaps I must resize this image but to what measurements? As I'm typing the problem, and maybe the solution, is becoming a little clearer... I will try playing around with the image size but I will still appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks again.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You need to 'size' it in the report design mode - typically:
  • adjust the margins (reduce left right, top, bottom)
  • make sure you do not have any surplus report width between the rightmost control and the right edge of the report
  • ditto the left and top and bottom
  • If still won't fit, you'll need to reduce the size of the controls (using smaller fonts can help - bold calibri 9pt is quite smart) and position them closer together.
In report design there is a ruler at the top - this will give you a guide as to whether it will fit or not - you'l know the width od a landscape page, less margins

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom