Large paper sizes (1 Viewer)

FrankC

Local time
Today, 02:02
I have a large pivot table that I need to print on an A0 printer (1189 x 841mm) which I have properly set up. When I try to print it I get a message "Cannot print or preview as the paper size selected is greater than 22.5 inches". I can't work out what I need to do to make Access accept the printer setup. Can anyone help please
FrankC

KKilfoil

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:02
Workaround:

design a smaller (say half-sized) report, and scale it to 200% at the printer driver before you output

or preselect your paper size, and select 'scaled to fit' on your printer settings.

FrankC

Local time
Workaround:

design a smaller (say half-sized) report, and scale it to 200% at the printer driver before you output

or preselect your paper size, and select 'scaled to fit' on your printer settings.

Thanks for the advice. I have done something similar by adding filters to the pivot table and printing a number of reports. However, the pivot table is a forward projection of the preventive maintenance programme for a complete site and I really need to get it all on 1 report. I could do this if I can find a way to print to A0 size paper (or possible A1). What I don't understand is why Access won't let me specify these sizes (the max it will accept is A3). By the way, this problem applies to printing reports & forms also.
FrankC

FrankC

Local time
Thanks for the advice. I have done something similar by adding filters to the pivot table and printing a number of reports. However, the pivot table is a forward projection of the preventive maintenance programme for a complete site and I really need to get it all on 1 report. I could do this if I can find a way to print to A0 size paper (or possible A1). What I don't understand is why Access won't let me specify these sizes (the max it will accept is A3). By the way, this problem applies to printing reports & forms also.
FrankC

ReportGuru

Local time
Yesterday, 21:02
I know I am responding to an old post, but for those of you looking at these with a similar problem, may I suggest using Sunset Reports instead of Microsoft Access. Sunset Reports can handle very large paper and easily connects to an Access database. There are a lot of other features in the program as well that makes it a better report writer than Access. Hope this helps.
Check it out at: sunsetreports.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom