Merry Christmas to all! (1 Viewer)

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:25
Merry Christmas to all :D

..and just in case you need to know how far Santa is from your house click here :)

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Yesterday, 23:25
I'm probably a bit late to wish most people a happy Christmas, but I have the best excuse, I was bringing my wife home from hospital.

happy Christmas all.

Brian

That is a wonderful excuse! I am happy that she is home. :)

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:25
Here's something I posted on another thread:

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial][/FONT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

Let's make it at least joyous.

As Dave Allen would say:

"may your god go with you"

Simon

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hazel and I would like to thank all who wished her well. She is tired but slowly regaining her strength.

Brian

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Originally a pagan festival until hijacked by the christians. The christian celebration of the birth of their "leader" was in March. So they basically lied and said that this Jesus was born 25th Dec. How convenient.

Religion should be left out of the 25th December celebrations.
Bah humbug! religion hasn't figured in our family's celebrations for years

ChipperT

Banned in 13 Countries
Local time
Yesterday, 21:25
Originally a pagan festival until hijacked by the christians. The christian celebration of the birth of their "leader" was in March. So they basically lied and said that this Jesus was born 25th Dec. How convenient.

Religion should be left out of the 25th December celebrations.

I won't tell you how to celebrate your Christmas/Solstice/Yule/Hannukkuh/Kwanzaa and I would appreciate it if you would not try to tell me how to celebrate mine.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 23:25
Hazel and I would like to thank all who wished her well. She is tired but slowly regaining her strength.

Brian

Glad to hear she's regaining her strength. Was the operation a success? Does she have a good prognosis?

By the way, cute pic. :)

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Greetings of the Season to all of you. Don't get on here much these days, work in .Net mostly now, rarely in Access. I just finished my 3rd round of chemotherapy for leukemia. Nasty stuff makes me sick, but better than the alternative. Spent the holiday (4 days) in bed. Thinking about going back to work tomorrow. :(

It's good to see many familiar names on here still. Rich, Brian, Vas, Cindy, Rabbie. Miss you guys. Hope all is well with you and yours. :)

Dennis

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:25
I just finished my 3rd round of chemotherapy for leukemia. Nasty stuff makes me sick, but better than the alternative.
I agree. I had a friend who went through a year of treatment for Leukemia and had just been given a clean bill of health and then about 3 days later (the day before his 50th birthday) went into the hospital with a 105 degree F temperature and they couldn't figure out what was wrong, they gave him some medication prior to a test and he had a bad reaction and died. Was a total shock and very disappointing because he had appeared to have beat the cancer but an allergic reaction took him. :mad:

Oh, and this just happened about 2-3 weeks ago.

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Bob:
That is sad to hear. I lost a cousin years ago who had beat cancer, but died of a heart attack (the chemotherapy he was on was heart toxic). In this business, the cure can be as bad as the disease. So far, I have had few complications/side effects. The ones I get make me feel guilty when I go to the treatment center and see how bad some of my fellow patients are feeling. My main nurse tells me I don't even look like a cancer patient. So I keep telling myself to shrug it off, could be a lot worse....

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
On a brighter note, here are my 5 babies that take up most of my free time these days, and their parents:

Attachments

• image270.jpg
    image270.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 167
  • image289.jpg
    image289.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image290.jpg
    image290.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 125
  • image308.jpg
    image308.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 139
  • image294.jpg
    image294.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 126

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 00:25
So good to see you Dennis! Best wishes with your treatments.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It seems to be a few years since you first mentioned your diagnosis so its good that you are still working. Chemo can be bad, my brother suffered badly before he died of liver cancer. Fighting cancer is a lot of luck, my wife's Myelo fibrosis, which is part of the leukema group, should have killed her years ago, she feels lucky to have lived to see her Grandson, we now have our fingers crossed that she wont need chemo for her recently discovered breast and lymph node cancer as i don't think her body will take it.

Keep positive and live each day as Hazel does.

Brian

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
It seems to be a few years since you first mentioned your diagnosis so its good that you are still working. Chemo can be bad, my brother suffered badly before he died of liver cancer. Fighting cancer is a lot of luck, my wife's Myelo fibrosis, which is part of the leukema group, should have killed her years ago, she feels lucky to have lived to see her Grandson, we now have our fingers crossed that she wont need chemo for her recently discovered breast and lymph node cancer as i don't think her body will take it.

Keep positive and live each day as Hazel does.

Brian

Brian: tell Hazel that she is in my thoughts. Thanks for your words and thanks to Vas for his, as well. I've no intention of giving up, at least not til I've met Rich in person!

Dennis

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Brian: tell Hazel that she is in my thoughts. Thanks for your words and thanks to Vas for his, as well. I've no intention of giving up, at least not til I've met Rich in person!

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, and I'm sure Rich is not that bad :D infact I bet he would be fun to talk with.

Brian

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Dennis, and I'm sure Rich is not that bad :D in fact I bet he would be fun to talk with.

Brian

I'm sure you are right. We have many of the same interests, I'm just a lot older...:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom