Miss America (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 02:48
I was flipping through the channels Sunday night and came across the Miss America pageant thing... I couldn't believe a grown woman would get up and tap dance in front of millions of people as a talent thing... How embarrassing...:eek:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 08:48
KenHigg said:
I was flipping through the channels Sunday night and came across the Miss America pageant thing...

How many channels do you have and if you don't like what you see, why not flip to the next or switch offf the TV set. :rolleyes:

KenHigg said:
... I couldn't believe a grown woman would get up and tap dance in front of millions of people as a talent thing... How embarrassing...:eek:

Is that yourself or did cupcake whispered some words of disgust in your ear ? :) :)

KenHigg

Local time
rak said:
How many channels do you have and if you don't like what you see, why not flip to the next or switch offf the TV set. :rolleyes:

I did - ;)

rak said:
Is that yourself or did cupcake whispered some words of disgust in your ear ? :) :)

She wasn't around, but I'm quite sure she would have agreed... ;)

KenHigg

Local time
fyi - I think this girl won it (Not sure if she was the tap-dancer :confused: ):

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 08:48
How would you know if you switched off the TV. :confused:
Oh Ok, you switched it off after the winner was known :rolleyes:

Looks to me that there is a large percentage of spanish blood in Barbie 3 :eek:

KenHigg

Local time
rak said:
How would you know if you switched off the TV. :confused:
Oh Ok, you switched it off after the winner was known :rolleyes:

I just googled it...:rolleyes:

rak said:
Looks to me that there is a large percentage of spanish blood in Barbie 3 :eek:

Looks like something from pixar ;) :D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:48
I was watching a show the other night, it was called "America's Got Talent" or some such thing as that. This guy's act was he had dozens of bicycle horns taped to his body. He hit the horns in a specific order to play melodies. I am not going to say just how annoying he was, but I will say that a talented female tap dancer would have been preferable. If the woman had ANY TALENT AT ALL it would have been preferable.

I eventually did change channels, though there is this streak in me that makes me susceptible to "morbid fascination." At least a couple of odd acts were better than the horn man. But one leaves me perplexed - a guy whose stage name is "Bobby Badfingers." He's a snapper. He snaps his fingers very fast, comparable to castanets. That's his talent. Again, morbid fascination.

The jazz/acrobat couple, on the other hand, really DID have a nice act. So I can recognize talent when I see it sometimes, anyway.

So... what were the other talents on the show? Singing and a musical instrument are commonplace. Now and then you catch a juggler. And of course, let's not forget "Miss Congeniality" - where talents included baton twirling and musical glass-playing.

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
fyi - I think this girl won it (Not sure if she was the tap-dancer :confused: ):

Let me guess, she wants to support childrens charities through the UN:rolleyes:

statsman

Local time
KenHigg said:
I was flipping through the channels Sunday night and came across the Miss America pageant thing... I couldn't believe a grown woman would get up and tap dance in front of millions of people as a talent thing... How embarrassing...:eek:

At least she didn't twirl a baton.

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
KenHigg said:

She doesn't look quite human to me.
More like a Stepford Wife....
Are you sure she's real?

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 23:48
I have just been on the website http://www.missamerica.org/ - I really hope these women can tap dance.

They are all so ugly. Sorry if its rude to say they are ugly - but they have entered a beauty contest!

R

Rich

Pauldohert said:
They are all so ugly. Sorry if its rude to say they are ugly - but they have entered a beauty contest!

Was it the teeth you objected to?:confused: :D

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
They are scary - the teeth really don't help.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Pauldohert said:
They are scary - the teeth really don't help.

Something about those pictures does look a little....unnatural. :eek:

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Is there a smokers version of the toothpaste they use?

Is it available in the UK?

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
I'm thinking that they need to hire a new "photoshopper". :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom