Multiple queries using one date range (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:04
I meant the SQL string. We can't see everything using this view. NoKnocks is using Count()

Press the totals button and that will add an additional line.
NoKnocks should use expression
Op Date should use group by
I can't tell aoubt the third field

AWirsching

Local time
SELECT Count([Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type]) AS NoKnocks, [Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]
FROM [Operational AAR/Summary]
WHERE ((([Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]) Between [Forms]![Date Parameters]![Start Date] And [Forms]![Date Parameters]![End Date]) AND (([Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type])=7));

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The third field should be group by

AWirsching

Local time
SELECT Count([Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type]) AS NoKnocks, [Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]
GROUP BY Count([Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type]), [Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date], [Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type]
HAVING ((([Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]) Between [Forms]![Date Parameters]![Start Date] And [Forms]![Date Parameters]![End Date]) AND (([Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type])=7));
??

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Change the HAVING back to WHERE since it is referencing input fields rather than output fields.

AWirsching

Local time
GROUP BY Count([Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type]), [Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date], [Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type]
Where ((([Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]) Between [Forms]![Date Parameters]![Start Date] And [Forms]![Date Parameters]![End Date]) AND (([Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type])=7));
1635273908696.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The WHERE clause needs to go before the Group by clause.

I thought you were changing the properties on the QBE rather than editing the SQL itself.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:04

just needs to be

GROUP BY [Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]

and if you want to group by [Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type] then you need to include it in your select part as well

AWirsching

Local time
The WHERE clause needs to go before the Group by clause.

I thought you were changing the properties on the QBE rather than editing the SQL itself.
First off, what is QBE?
I switched the Where to go before the Group By and all I did was cut and paste but now I have another error message:
Where ((([Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]) Between [Forms]![Date Parameters]![Start Date] And [Forms]![Date Parameters]![End Date]) AND (([Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type])=7));
1635344941381.png

From this query I'm trying to only pick out a specific investigation type (7) as well as by date.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:04
The QBE is design view as opposed to SQL view. Remove the semi-colon at the end of the WHERE clause and see if that helps.

AWirsching

Local time
Oh ok. Well, that worked with the query. When I went back to the Date Parameters form, I received the following error:
1635346572923.png

AWirsching

Local time
I received the following error when trying the form again after correcting the SQL
1635347390630.png

This popped up several times (obviously something with the queries), however this time when it brought up the report, several of the answers appeared however they were incorrect.

This is the SQL:

WHERE ((([Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]) Between Forms![Date Parameters]![Start Date] And Forms![Date Parameters]![End Date]) And (([Operational AAR/Summary]![Investigation Type])=7))
GROUP BY [Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date];

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If [Operational AAR/Summary] is a query, does it run without error? If not, and it doesn't have an Expr1 field, keep drilling down until you find the offending query. Or can you attach the db here?

AWirsching

Local time
[Operational AAR/Summary] is the main table. I was able to get everything running until I had to add the date parameter....
Upload file is too large. =(

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Try doing a compact/repair and then zipping it. Or just attach a db with that table.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The query above runs fine. The error comes from the item 10 subform:

SELECT Count([Operational AAR/Summary]![Person(s)/Animal(s) Injured/Killed]) AS InjuredKilled, [Operational AAR/Summary]![Person(s)/Animal(s) Injured/Killed] AS Expr1, [Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]
WHERE ((([Operational AAR/Summary]![Person(s)/Animal(s) Injured/Killed])=2) And (([Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date]) Between Forms![Date Parameters]![Start Date] And Forms![Date Parameters]![End Date]))
GROUP BY [Operational AAR/Summary].[Op Date];

The field in Expr1 needs to be in the Group By clause, or have an aggregate function applied to it.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Or deleted, since I just noticed it's the same as the first field.

AWirsching

Local time
I deleted it. Same error appears this time only once. Again the answers provided are wrong.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I assume you have the same thing happening in another subreport. I'm on the phone so can't check right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom